Illinois divers, check in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK Chicago, Haigh Quarry is now closed. Where can I still dive? I really do not want this season to be over! I don't mind driving a little farther if needed.

Glad to see some Chicago-ish folks standing up to be counted - so who wants to go diving?

Ken - you got yourself a drysuit? Way to go, buddy. We'll have to splash again next year. I'm done locally for most of the winter - a couple of Lake Michigan dives planned and maybe an ice weekend at Wazee or Haigh, but that's about it for local diving until the weather turns.

Erich - Haigh will reopen shortly, in the meantime Jerry Guyer is running on a semi-regular basis from Milwaukee. That's about it most winters, unless we get really mild winters and the non-Chicago harbors stay open. You and I are long overdue for a dive together, buddy.

As for the rest of you, glad to hear from you and I look forward to a group dive next year. We had one this year that didn't totally suck (at least IMHO) and I think it's Ken's turn to put this one together. Heh, heh. First apres-submerger beer is on me.

Steven

reefraff once bubbled...
I think it's Ken's turn to put this one together. Heh, heh. First apres-submerger beer is on me.

Steven

Steven,

I'm on it, at least as soon as I get back from Coz next month :D

Hi all,

Another Illinois diver here. Located in Bloomington/Normal. Home of State Farm Insurance, Illinois State University and Beer Nuts!!

Just got Certified OW in July and been to Chillicothe since that time. Going to Florida this month.

Can't wait till next Spring to get out to some of the local places.

Look forward to maybe diving with some of you all!

Jeff =-)

AlmostAGrandpa:
Hi all,

Another Illinois diver here. Located in Bloomington/Normal. Home of State Farm Insurance, Illinois State University and Beer Nuts!!

Just got Certified OW in July and been to Chillicothe since that time. Going to Florida this month.

Can't wait till next Spring to get out to some of the local places.

Look forward to maybe diving with some of you all!

Jeff =-)

Did you get a chance to dive down in FL? If so, how was it for you?

Yes I was able to dive. I found a buddy and we went to Ginnie Springs. I posted a dive review on Rodale's site.

It was much fun and good learning time for me. Dove 4-5 times depending on how you want to count it. Enjoyed the basin area alot. Super clear water, and the large cavern you can go in as just a OW is really neat and allows newbies like me to see what cavern/cave diving might be like without freaking out too much!!

Glad I had a buddy, broke a fin strap and he had the save your donkey kit!

Look forward to doing it again or the Blue Grotto and Devil's Den. Nice to have a daughter living in Forida!!!

Thanks for asking. I'm looking very much forward also to hitting the various places here in Illinois once spring/Summer comes!!!

Jeff

AlmostAGrandpa:
Yes I was able to dive. I found a buddy and we went to Ginnie Springs. I posted a dive review on Rodale's site.

It was much fun and good learning time for me. Dove 4-5 times depending on how you want to count it. Enjoyed the basin area alot. Super clear water, and the large cavern you can go in as just a OW is really neat and allows newbies like me to see what cavern/cave diving might be like without freaking out too much!!

Glad I had a buddy, broke a fin strap and he had the save your donkey kit!

Look forward to doing it again or the Blue Grotto and Devil's Den. Nice to have a daughter living in Forida!!!

Thanks for asking. I'm looking very much forward also to hitting the various places here in Illinois once spring/Summer comes!!!

Jeff

I can't wait until spring, so I will be heading down to Bonne Terre hopefully in a few weeks to dive that underwater mine shaft down there. It's been a while since I dove in a quarry, so it will be interesting going back to that wonderful 5' vis. Glad to hear you had fun diving down there. There are just so many great places to go in Florida, it makes me realize I'm living in the wrong part of the country.

Urbana IL, home of the University of IL and cornfields....LOTS of cornfields.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom