Illinois divers, check in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmcw:
Any advice on good places to wreck dive is appreciated. I would love to get out on lake Michigan. What type of exposure suit is recommended. I use a 7mm. Some diver's recommend going dry. Any thoughts.

If anyone is looking for some one to dive with, even if it is Haigh's let me know.
Here's a trip that might interest you: http://www.scubaboard.com/t62077.html
The wrecks are shallow, pretty easy diving foe Lake Michigan.

Also, go dry. You'll be glad you did.

Hi, I'm down by Effingham. I dive several local quarries, mostly low vis. though. I started diving Mermet last weekend and meeting up with some other scuba boarders this weekend back at mermet. Always looking for someone to blow bubbles with. Wifes a non-diver.

Looking for a buddy to dive the Williams in Hammond Indiana aug 1st. Anyone interested?

My understanding is a shore wreck 8-15 ft deep. I have a posting about it. let me know if interested and maybe we can go together.

take care

Junus

Is there anyone in the Effingham, ILL area wanting to dive? Found a real nice rock quarry with decent vis and about 54 ft depth. :06:

stingray1:
Is there anyone in the Effingham, ILL area wanting to dive? Found a real nice rock quarry with decent vis and about 54 ft depth. :06:
Details!

stingray1:

Effingham isn't all that far from the Chicago south burbs... maybe a 3½ hr drive? ... might make a nice overnight trip.

Where is this quarry? Can we dive there legally, or do we need to worry about a farmer with a load of buckshot? What about boats.. or worse yet jetskies?

Bob

hi all. new to the forum. me and my girlfriend are in chicago. we haven't done too much lake diving because it's just too cold. seems like there's plenty of good info here. nice to meet you all.

makinbubbles:
Effingham isn't all that far from the Chicago south burbs... maybe a 3½ hr drive? ... might make a nice overnight trip.

Where is this quarry? Can we dive there legally, or do we need to worry about a farmer with a load of buckshot? What about boats.. or worse yet jetskies?

Bob

Hi Bob, yes it's quite a ways from the burbs and the time sounds about right depending exactly where your coming from there. I can dive there and a select handful of other divers (mostly instructors) can and our guests can. No farmer that I know of. No boats and no jetskies. Like I said, I and a couple of other local divers went through h*** to get permission from the oil co. that owns it to dive here, so no public is allowed.

vel525:
hi all. new to the forum. me and my girlfriend are in chicago. we haven't done too much lake diving because it's just too cold. seems like there's plenty of good info here. nice to meet you all.

Pleasure in meeting you too. Welcome to the board.

MgicTwnger:

I can't give tooo many details or the place will get swarmed and the people that have went through all of the trouble to get permission will not be allowed to dive there anymore. That happens when your dealing with big companies that happen to own a attraction. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom