I'm going to quit smoking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck. If you are successful, you will eventually notice an increase of 10-15% improvement in your gas consumption while diving and a reduced chance of DCS. See? There are other advantages to not smoking other than: not spending $5.00 a pack, not smelling like smoke, not having to go outside in all kinds of weather to smoke, withdrawl, not being seen as an outcast (by some), and so on....

I wish you the best of luck. Remember...be STRONG!

just checking in to see how you guys are doing

i hope you are managing to be strong... must be totally sucky so keep doing your best... people are thinking of you! (i wont say rooting as this means something very different for us down here)

almitywife:
just checking in to see how you guys are doing

i hope you are managing to be strong... must be totally sucky so keep doing your best... people are thinking of you! (i wont say rooting as this means something very different for us down here)
well its day 18 for me, ms. almity.

well, its day four for me and still doing good! I actually forgot to put on the patch this morning and didnt notice any difference at all. But I think I will continue to wear it just in case. This no smoking thing has got me wanting to get back in shape now. Almity, I actually (maybe mistakenly) signed up for your 7 day x 30 minutes thing also :D

BTW, please explain the "rooting" thing......

dhampton82:
Almity, I actually (maybe mistakenly) signed up for your 7 day x 30 minutes thing also :D
BTW, please explain the "rooting" thing......
:wave-smil woohooo... remember to take it easy.. dont want you to be burdening yourself with too much too soon.. small steps is my fav term

hmmmm - rooting for you guys is cheering... for us its totally differnt :wink:
http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Root: synonym for ****. "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good root". A very useful word in fairly polite company.

Root rat : somebody who is constantly looking for sex.

arent you glad you asked :D

dhampton82:
well, its day four for me and still doing good!

hot dang, that's some good ****

Fantastic a great job is being done by all

Day 6, I cheated today :( I got lazy and didnt change my nicotine patch after 24 hours like I was supposed to. I actually waited like 30 hours or so. And it was starting to wear off and I figured that since I was about to put a new one on anyways that I could just smoke one.

Well, I did and almost instantly wanted another one! But I went back inside and put a new patch on and now I feel no need for another. But I am going to use this as a learning experience and not as a fall back. So, I am sure now that that one is my last one ever!!

(p.s. lets keep this a secret :D )

no big deal .... you're still quitting

six days is very nice progress

if you get the urge to smoke, why not smoke herbal cigarettes? they taste so foul that you'll start associating "smoking" with the foul taste, and you won't be wanting much of that

hiya Dhamp and what a slippery learning slope.... keep faith in those little patches and be vigilant

keep doing your best!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom