I'm no professional photographer, but I think you'll recognize the cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gads , I would HATE to see what everyone thought of my NON-PROFESSIONAL gear. (EEK) :confused::confused::confused:
My O1 (notice , I am not GOOD ENOUGH to dive O2) would be off down-left of the cavern picture.

Silt Slug
AKA Very Non Professional

P.S. Again , my opinion is very limited , but the reason it cleared up is the cold nights cleared out the Algae bloom. Cavern area is gorgeous again.

Thx for the advice. The DiveRite SPG's are recent additions to our setups. I don't even want to tell you what I had before that. I'm ok with changing out hoses on the first stage side, but I haven't toyed with the gauge end. I'll have to look at it when I get home tonight. Does the hose just screw into the swivel on the Gauge end ?

I like the inner tube idea. I just happen to have one hanging around. I'll give that a shot too.

Thx again.

Dave.

I know what you used to use because I used to use it too! :D

I've done the left hip D ring thing for a while but when I started adding deco bottles and more reels it was more then I wanted clipped to 1 D ring. I've just started clipping my spg with a piece of bungee to a d ring on my right harness strap, underneath the long hose of course. Now I can just look down and pull the spg away from my chest to see my pressure instead of have to unclip it and look, then clip it back. It's different from waht I'm used to but makes sense to me.

I agree - the algae bloom is finally down - the basins and the caverns look great. Well Friday morning someone blew out the cavern by the peanut line somewhat - but it happens especially with all the training. Pothole looked fantastic on Friday! We didn't go in Pothole until Friday after lunch so I know a bunch of teams had to come through there but it looked awesome!

As far as tie offs - there are a bunch of good options near the center of your cavern picture right in and out of the overhead zone.

Do most people run a reel in Peacock? I have only dived there once but the Goldline was about 6 inches away from open water.

And yes,I know you are always supposed to run a reel.............

Do most people run a reel in Peacock? I have only dived there once but the Goldline was about 6 inches away from open water.

The "Third Quarter 07" edition of the NACD Journal had a short but good article written by Larry Green about Reel usage on page 5.

How did I know that was going to come up in this thread?

I don't at P1. The gold line is so close to OW, it may as well be in OW.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom