Question Independent diving in Busselton WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think I've managed to come to terms with the fact that I'm for real sharing the ocean with some Apex predators and may well even get to see some. It actually adds an exciting aspect to it. Got a real time shark tracking app so at least I can see if any Tigers or GWS were recently in the area. I'm going to dive a more isolated spot this Tuesday, a bit excited about it, hasn't been a reported GWS or Tiger shark sighting since December 26th🤣

Thanks for the support people🙏

It's not the ones that were sighted that you need to be worried about....

-Z

I just wanna know, how the heck you can be diving when your 1st stage and power inflator don't aesthetically match...

....you're just asking for one of Poseidon's minions to come chomp on you.

-Z

1st stage and power inflator don't aesthetically match...
At a guess, everythig else is shades of blue.

Reactions: Zef
I just wanna know, how the heck you can be diving when your 1st stage and power inflator don't aesthetically match...

....you're just asking for one of Poseidon's minions to come chomp on you.

-Z
They will shortly, I ordered one of the blue button SP Tec inflators, a fool and his money and all that. Eyeing the new R105 too. Should probably actually start work before going on a spending spree.

They will shortly, I ordered one of the blue button SP Tec inflators, a fool and his money and all that. Eyeing the new R105 too. Should probably actually start work before going on a spending spree.
Much harder to spend money that you do have.

Much harder to spend money that you do have.

So true. I put aside money to buy a new phone as it seems one can no longer exist in society without one when I got here. Is a hard purchase to make as i just don't want to spend the money. Still have no phone.

There's a big youth swimming event here around the jetty next week they go out in the morning for training, they finish at around 11. Now all the splashing and bodily fluids have attracted all the sharks I'll go diving 😂

You're so right @lexvil which I guess is why when you already have money it's easier to get more.

Did another jetty dive today, was nice. Need a 7mm suit, after about 80 mins was quite chilly had air for at least another 30-40 mins, viz an easy 10m, lots of fish and three beautiful cuttle fish. It really is a nice site to dive. I've found my local, well , one of my locals 😁

Met two locals, got some good info. Need to join FB, apparently there's a group called South West WA Divers, they post that they are going to dive at X location and meet at X time and apparently you can join them, by both accounts a friendly bunch.

Met a guy who's been diving the jetty for 25 years twice a week, he said in all that time he's only seen one shark, a 2m tiger two years back which just casually swam by him. Another guy said he saw a 3m bull at another nearby site and it scared him out of the water for a year, said he lost his nerves after that encounter.

Today I was not bothered at all, in fact today I thought I saw a fin in the distance and actuality began swimming towards it would you believe.

All's good in my diving world🙏

Thanks a bunch for all the support, encouragement, info and perspective.

You all know I'm off my sh-t.

Back
Top Bottom