Instructor Experience

How many dives and how many agencies do you teach for?

• 100 logged dives +

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • 250 logged dives +

• 350 logged dives +

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 600 logged dives +

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 1000 logged dives +

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • 1 Agency

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • 2 Agencies

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 3 Agencies

• 4 Agencies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more Agencies

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's some new internet based agency that doesn't require mask removal, I think they only require the gear exchange and neutral buoyancy proficiency to certify.

Which agency is this based on the internet?

Umm, gear exchange? That is not a qualification of any certification agecy that I know of for an Open Water Diver. It is required for the PADI divemaster course.

Simply put, without any documentation or proof or an agency name, the post which I quoted above is irrelevant. It is mere supposition.

Please provide some facts and proof, Wingtip.

coberry7 once bubbled...
Just to chime in here...I have never heard of any certification organization that does not teach mask removal and replacement.

I also believe that all agencies are structured. After all, what are slates and labelling dives as OW dive 1-4 or 5 for? Seems like structuring to me.

Oh hell, it's Karl....Hopefully this isn't enough food for a troll to continue it's existence.

BTW, SDI also does mask removal and replacement. Which agency are you referring to here, Karl?

I only know of one instructor in one mainstream agency that does not require mask removal and replacement.

I wont speak for him.

I wont speak for his mainstream agency either.

Suffice it to say, my agency, NAUI, certainly does require mask removal and replacement.

Suffice it also to say, that I know first hand, that PADI also certainly does require mask removal and replacement; which I know, since I D/M-ed for them.

Suffice it to say that you will have to dig around for yourself to find out who else I am referring to. But I saw it, with my own eyes. The instructor was short on D/Ms one weekend and asked me to help him out. I was quite surprised. However it is not anyone's place to correct an instructor. Any instructor.

Enough clue's for one day.

By the way, DEE told me to be nice. So I am being nice, and I wont reply to your indirect ad hominem.

It's about 2 per working day. Some days more. Some days less. And I even do fun dives on my days off sometimes.

neil once bubbled...

For some it would be.

So what do you do? Put on your PADI hat and say to yourself, This weekend I can only take the students on 4 open water dives, since that is what the standards require?

Whereas on another weekend you would put on your NAUI or YMCA hat and say, This month I am going to think like a NAUI/YMCA instructor and take 2 weekends to take the students on 8 dives so they are better prepared as basic open water divers?

How do you live with yourself then with such multiple inconsistent instructor standards??

Quoted from Karl...

"I only know of one instructor in one mainstream agency that does not require mask removal and replacement"

Can you be more vague? I know a guy down the street with a bridge in Manhattan that he says is for sale at a steal! Want to be a business partner? J/K

"Suffice it to say, my agency, NAUI, certainly does require mask removal and replacement."

So do my two organizations, nothing special there, Karl.

"Suffice it to say that you will have to dig around for yourself to find out who else I am referring to. But I saw it, with my own eyes. The instructor was short on D/Ms one weekend and asked me to help him out. I was quite surprised. However it is not anyone's place to correct an instructor. Any instructor."

You opened this can of worms, Karl. Show me the contents of your can.

Ad hominem? I'm finally the recipient of your famous quote!

Karl, you will need to provide some examples and names of certification agencies for anyone to take you seriously. Until you do, I'll quit feeding the troll....and nobody will fault me for no longer responding to you regarding this.

coberry7 once bubbled...
Which agency is this based on the internet?

The one I'm speaking of, sorry the name eludes me right now. I have it saved at home though, it's too funny.

coberry7 once bubbled...
Umm, gear exchange? That is not a qualification of any certification agecy that I know of for an Open Water Diver.

And you weren't aware this one existed, does make that statement true when you think about it.

coberry7 once bubbled...

You opened this can of worms, Karl. Show me the contents of your can.

Ad hominem? I'm finally the recipient of your famous quote!

Karl, you will need to provide some examples and names of certification agencies

CoBerry, PADI OWSI 183035, nobody NEEDS to do anything except breathe, eat, drink, sleep, pay taxes and/or eventually die. Its a very short list.

CoBerry, PADI OWSI 183035, nobody NEEDS to do anything except breathe, eat, drink, sleep, pay taxes and/or eventually die. Its a very short list.

True.

For others to take you seriously and be able to believe what you have said, you will need to provide proof. What you have said above, notwithstanding.

You refuse to provide such proof. I believe that you cannot provide such proof regarding a SCUBA cert. Agency that does not teach mask removal/replacement.

Therefore, anything you say until you can prvide such proof to back up your claims is irrelevant.

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

How do you live with yourself then with such multiple inconsistent instructor standards??

edited for content

Not being an instructor, I can only take a wild stab at this one:

They teach for multiple agencies to feed their families. They teach for multiple agencies because they love to dive. snip Nobody's talking about being or teaching unsafe practices here. The implied sell out is what is getting me really fried here, man. No agency is perfect. When you find it, please don't join...you'll spoil it.

edited for content
I suck. :bonk:

K

Motivation...your next inflamatory posts will be removed with no notice...Dee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom