interesting weighting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upon further examination....

It appears that the back weight pouches on the Zeagle Ranger LTD CANNOT be moved to the top strap...unless someone knows how to do this....

Help?

Darin

donacheson:
However, it's not easy to predict exactly where your CG and CB will be located. If you extend one arm, both change a little bit. As you consume air, your CG, but not your CB will change a bit (unless your CG is, by coincidence, located at the CG of the air in the tank.) Just getting them close to one another seems to be sufficient since small motions of the fins can easily keep one trimmed.

True. Even during the dive as the tank depletes I find I can hover with good trim or intentionally pitch by bending my knees a little to lengthen/lessen the "lever" effectively altering my C.G. Same with extending an arm as you mention.

There's no substitute for dive time though good instruction or mentoring can accelerate things.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom