Intova Mini Torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Intova Nova and i'm looking to get the compact or mini to function as both a backup and emergency strobe. Since the Nova is already using the CR123 batteries, i'm leaning towards the Mini so I only have to stock one type of battery. But from looking at the pictures, is there anywhere to attach a bolt snap to the mini?

I have an Intova Nova and i'm looking to get the compact or mini to function as both a backup and emergency strobe. Since the Nova is already using the CR123 batteries, i'm leaning towards the Mini so I only have to stock one type of battery. But from looking at the pictures, is there anywhere to attach a bolt snap to the mini?

Apparently not, according to a couple of angry reports I've read.

Apparently not, according to a couple of angry reports I've read.

Wow, was it really that hard for them to just drill a hole somewhere? hmph, this puts a kink in my plans, I guess I could go for the Intova Compact. But it doesn't appear to be that much more compact than my Nova and i'll have to start packing AAA's in my kit bag. Just boggles the mind, why even have strobe capability if you have no means of attaching it to anything?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/660642-REG/Intova_IMINI_MINI_TORCH.html#specifications

Weird, the spec's at BH lists a lanyard as included. That would seem that there is somewhere to attach the lanyard... or BH's packing list is wrong.

Last edited:
Wow, was it really that hard for them to just drill a hole somewhere? hmph, this puts a kink in my plans, I guess I could go for the Intova Compact. But it doesn't appear to be that much more compact than my Nova and i'll have to start packing AAA's in my kit bag. Just boggles the mind, why even have strobe capability if you have no means of attaching it to anything?

Intova | IMINI Mini Torch | IMINI | B&H Photo Video

Weird, the spec's at BH lists a lanyard as included. That would seem that there is somewhere to attach the lanyard... or BH's packing list is wrong.

Until recently, B&H listed the Intova Compact Torch as using 3x AA batteries instead of 3x AAA, so I'd be inclined to think the latter. They also have it described as "IMINI" instead of "Mini" which is the proper name (per Intova's site)

Or, the description is correct, and the photo on Intova's website simply doesn't show the lanyard, and the people complaining about no lanyard or hole to connect a bolt snap are wrong. :wink:

Looking at the light, I suspect you could drill a hole fairly easily. That's all Intova did for their other lights... drill a hole in the end cap's edge.

Thumb_09-IMG_2079%20%28Large%29.JPG

Copied from another board, re the Mini Torch:

This from Intova:

"OOPS!!! Our goof!! There was a production oversight on the first batch and a lanyard was not included. We do have a lanyard and clip available to correct this. All new production will include a lanyard."

Until recently, B&H listed the Intova Compact Torch as using 3x AA batteries instead of 3x AAA, so I'd be inclined to think the latter. They also have it described as "IMINI" instead of "Mini" which is the proper name (per Intova's site)

Or, the description is correct, and the photo on Intova's website simply doesn't show the lanyard, and the people complaining about no lanyard or hole to connect a bolt snap are wrong. :wink:

Looking at the light, I suspect you could drill a hole fairly easily. That's all Intova did for their other lights... drill a hole in the end cap's edge.

Thumb_09-IMG_2079%20%28Large%29.JPG

The problem with the Mini (wide) I have seen is that Im not sure there is enough room to drill a hole as the end cap seems to be a slightly different design than I have seen on all of the other offerings, but as per Intovas comment thay are addressing this over sight on the 2nd production run.

All four of the current lineup use CREE 4.7w LEDs..

Sorry, pet peeve of mine,

I have a pet peeve too.
NO INTOVA LIGHT USES A 4.7WATT CREE LED!!!!!! There is no such thing!

What they use are Cree XR-E's which are rated at 700ma max from Cree but many run them at 1000ma at 3.7V (+-) so 3.7 watt.

Its false advertising and in NZ illegal. Surprised it isnt in USA too.

You have a date of that Intova quote? Wondering when they made the change.

The quote is from a [post I made on Intovas site here on this board and is a response to a quetion I asked them after seeing one of their new Mini Wide, the reply was rec a couple of days ago. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom