Is the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme the best reg on the market, for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only reason I went with a DS4 is that it's sealed, it's also smaller and just as simple to service requiring no speciality tools, bar a pin spanner which isn't really specialty anyway.
I'm pretty certain there's a reason DS4/XTX40 (or XTX50, or ATX40/50) seems to be by far the most popular reg set among the tech crowd on this side of the pond. Not sure what that reason is, but it has made me standardize on middle range Apeks regs myself.

I won't, however, recommend Apeks without reservations to anyone since I have the impression that the service situation is slightly different depending on which side of the pond you're located. But one can at least note that those Apekses are diaphragm 1st stages.

if this IS the case, then the is no need to even own a reg. Grab one of the shops rental regs. They will be work horses that will survive just about anything.

This is the easiest way to extend the life of whatever you choose...

Back
Top Bottom