Is there a best time to go to Tobago?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BILLB:
I just finished a trip to Tobago in May. PHD Wave Dancer was as nice as it can be. The crew was womderful.

Tobago is high intensity diving. Currents are the norm, so drift diving is what happens. Some dives are into ripping currents but were well planned for. Sister's Rocks was fantastic! No much curent this time but it can happen.

As to rocking boats, winds and waves are here. We had up to six footers but never dove in them. There is not much ashore in Tobago and Scarsbough harbor is probably too dangerous to venture out into at night.

Big stuff happens here too but this is usually from November to April. This also corresponds to probably the least aggreeable weather situations.

Sounds ideal to me! Any suggestions with whom to book with for the best price? (I'm in the UK if that makes any difference).

Thanks!

PHD is the only live abroad in Tobago. The Town of Charoletville has good reviews from the May isuse of the Undercurrent. http://www.undercurrent.org/

Andy Hipkiss:
Sounds ideal to me! Any suggestions with whom to book with for the best price? (I'm in the UK if that makes any difference).

Thanks!

My wife and I are also heading down to Tobago in Feb with a bunch of friends. Staying at a house of a friend of the familys. Looking forward to Carnaval and blowing lots of bubbles. Keep in touch if you would like and maybe we can all meet up somewhere. I hear tales of big schools of hammer heads. Cant wait.

The best time is probably the dry season which runs Nov. through May. Don't be too disappointed if you don't see any mantas, they are not as common as they used to be. I wrote a rather lengthy trip report on my trip in late April that may be of some use. Should be a fun trip.

I hope it's not bad form to link to a report on another site - I don't drop by here too often. Tobago Trip Report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom