Is there diving in Costa maya & with who?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last time I dove in Costa Maya (1 year ago), I took a taxi from the dock into Majahual. There are various dive operators set up on the beach there. I had a fairly good dive but won't recommend the operator due to the fact that he had no VHF Radio and no Oxygen on board (I would feel bad if someone got into trouble based on my recommendation).

There were also some operators who hung around the end of the dock with signs advertising diving. Take your gear and some money and you should be able to get a decent dive in at the stop.

I just did one tank and was back to the end of the pier in plenty of time to spend some time with the non-divers on the trip.

Rich Hagelin

There is a PADI dive centre in the town of Mahahual which is in Costa Maya. This is the town where the cruise ship dock is. Blue Ha Diving Centre is a very reputable centre, and is run by two Australians with a very high standard of customer service. Their rental equipment is new and ScubaPro. The website is www.bluehadiving.com or email Tanya at dreamtimetanya@hotmail.com and she will reply promptly. They are very accommodation for cruise ship passengers and you can book in advance.
Hope this helps! ENJOY!

richhagelin:
Last time I dove in Costa Maya (1 year ago), I took a taxi from the dock into Majahual. There are various dive operators set up on the beach there. I had a fairly good dive but won't recommend the operator due to the fact that he had no VHF Radio and no Oxygen on board (I would feel bad if someone got into trouble based on my recommendation).

There were also some operators who hung around the end of the dock with signs advertising diving. Take your gear and some money and you should be able to get a decent dive in at the stop.

I just did one tank and was back to the end of the pier in plenty of time to spend some time with the non-divers on the trip.

Rich Hagelin

It appears my original posting has some how been eliminated. There is diving in Costa Maya or more realistically Mahahual, the town nearby. There is Blue Ha Diving & maya Palms resort - both PADI DIVE REsort Centres - then there is also Mexdive and Bucanero del caribe - operating from the beach on cruise ship days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom