Jacksonville trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing wrong.It's just hard to give advice on something or an area you aren't very experienced in.Hence me not giving advice about the Gulf,I have like 50 dives max there.Not enough to voice a valid opinion.
You are right about having a lot of options down there,you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a dive boat on some days.Keeps it competitive in the industry.

FWIW my worst dive season ever was in Ft. Pierce several years ago during the year the thermocline was bad.No vis over 20' and temps from 48-64 for almost 2 months.Not to mention the current of almost 2kts on day we dove the Halsey.

Well, we sorta agree.....

Re the gulf, I have (I think) 8 dives out of Naples - that was enough to convince me I much prefered the SE coast of FL - 10, 20, or 100 more would not have changed my opinion.

Don't shoot me, but it kinda reminded me of Jacksonville diving : )

A few months back, I did that wreck off Stuart - I'll remember the name as soon as - got it, the Rankin.

One of the worst dives I ever did - viz maybe 15', really cold, etc. I spoke w/ the dive master (who happened to be my buddy) and he said sometimes its worse; sometimes conditions don't allow the dive, strong currents, etc. He had like 10 dives on it, but it was his job. For me, once was enough!

Thanks so much for all of the experienced knowledge. If going out to decent diving in NE FL is plus 10 miles out, then no thanks, too much of a pain when there's unpredictable weather. I've done a lot of ocean diving, seen some crazy current in Coz on the N & S tips and at some of the more challenging places in Bon. Not my thing for a casual weekend. I'll look into Jupiter but will probably rent a car and see some of the gulf sites like Crystal River or may do a longer trip to Naples, since that's been on my radar for a while.
Mark

Scubabum- I was planning on diving the St. Mary's tomorrow and Friday for some meg teeth. Usually poor vis, but lots of fun. My partner just had a family emergency and can't go. I use my own boat. Give me a call if you are interested! 904-742-3387
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom