January trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Michael and I truly enjoyed our quick trip last week. Our flight went very smoothly and we arrived to a warm Cozumel. By late afternoon we were in the water on our first two tank afternoon/twilight dive. How wonderful it was to be in the water and visiting with all of our marine friends. The next three days were all about diving as well. Conditions were slightly cloudy to clear with somewhat choppy to perfectly smooth seas.

Diving: Of course, our diving experience was perfect as we once again were diving with Blue XT Sea diving. Christi and her crew are all about service and making your Cozumel dive experience wonderful. Fast boats, very experienced divemasters and captains and a well run business, it's a perfect set up !!

Accommodations: Our stay was also was very comfortable due to the hospitality of David and Magda at Villa Escondida. This 4 room bed and breakfast is located on Avenida 10 between Calle 3 and Rosada Salas. It also happens to be across the street from our favorite restaurant, La Choza. It is amazing how quiet it is at Villa Escondida even though it is set in the middle of town. A delicious full made to order breakfast is prepared every morning by Magda and served by David. We truly enjoyed the rest and relaxation at Villa Escondida yet also being able to walk to the many wonderful places we enjoy visiting.

Restaurants: Of course La Choza is our first stop of our trip. In fact we made two visits to La Choza as we also had dinner with new friends Dennis and Kerri whom we met on the dive boat. We also visited Sorrisi's twice to satisfy our Itialian cravings, as well as Asardo Pollo for grilled chicken. Being that this was only a 5 day trip we unfortunately were not able to venture out to dine at a few other of our favorite spots. It will just have to wait until next time.

To sum it up, Good Flight, Great Diving with Blue XT Sea diving, Wonderful accommodations at Villa Escondida, meeting new friends equals a fantastic Cozumel Getaway.

Last edited:
Same here Ann, maybe next time we can dive together. Regardless, Michael and I had a wonderful time. Fortunately the weather held out and the dive conditions were pretty good. Now we just need to get the next trip set, otherwise withdrawl symptoms set in and things get complicated. :)

Oh yes the flan is good. Now I need to go back for sure :) ... However staying right across the street @ Villa Escondida can be very dangerous to a diet :) :)

our choices last week were La Choza, El Moro, Los Otates, Guido's, Kinta, Casa Denis, Margaritaville for cheeseburgers and the sunset, Coconuts, and The Coffee Bean every day after out dives for coffee and some of their delicious bake goods... the cheesecake was my favorite :D

It was great diving with all of you. I am thinking March or early April I'll try this again.

Same here Chuck, it was truly a pleasure. Perhaps we will dive together again. BTW, would you please forward the information to my PM regarding the backplate system and contact. Your tutorial on the boat was very interesting :)

Nice meeting you at surface interval the other day, you guys seem very nice and out going. Probably a blast on the boat.
Never did meet Ann aka Parrotheaddiver, was hopping to meet her also. Always looking to put a face to scubaboard members

Hey Lou, same to you. It is always nice to meet up with scubaboard peeps.

Back
Top Bottom