Jet Fins ~ Full Foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any fin manufacture that makes a similar fin to the jets or turtles in a full foot version?

I love the power and wide blades of my jet fins for technical diving and frog kicks. However I have made the move from the northeast to the Caribbean and have become partial to full foot fins. I can't stand having to carry rockboots or other booties just so I can use my jets. Does any one dive with jet fins and no footwear. I have tried it a few times, but the foot pocket is to large on my XL's and I went home with blisters.

i use some neoprene socks that work well with the jets,i think they were 2 mill,it keeps the blisters off and a little thermo protection also.

When the French diving equipment company Beuchat developed the original Jetfins back in the early 1960s, they manufactured them in a full-foot version for smaller foot sizes. I recall reading somewhere that they would have made larger sized Jetfins also available in full-foot but the purchase price would have been too expensive. When Scubapro later marketed the design, they only offered an open-heel version.

Back in the 1960s, full-foot fins, particularly in Europe, were considered superior to open-heel fins. Having started with cheaper open-heel fins, I eventually purchased my first full-foot fins in the 1960s and I've never seen any reason to change since. I use them every weekend when I go snorkelling from the coast of North East England. They're more comfortable and fit better than open-heels and can be worn with neoprene socks or bootees. It's a myth that full-foot fins can only be worn with bare feet - you just have to get the right size to accommodate the extra bulk. At one time Cressi brought out a full-foot fin for wearers of Unisuit dry suits - in European size 50 and above.

The only fins I ever had were full foot. I usually buy snorkeling fins at my travel destination and wear thick cotton socks for comfort.

The socks never dry, stink and have to be replaced every couple of days. Before going home I often sell back the fins or just give them to a local .

Admittedly, this set up doesn't work in cold waters or strong currents. It also might look unprofessional and sometimes I do get idiotic comments from the gear-snobs :mooner: but it saves some space (and weight) in my suitcase for presents and souvenirs, and in my closet for skis and skates.

I am not big fan of Split fins, and are trying to get away from carrying ,shoes, botties, socks, ect. The less I have to bring on a drive the better. I have already been able to get rid of an exposure suit, and lead.

What I am looking for is a fullfoot fin in a wide paddle style that works well for frog kicks.

Just buy a decent freedive full foot fin like the cressi sub 3000 hf. I ordered another pair from leisure pro last night, $100 including shipping.

I've got a pair of Aqualung(read Technisub) Stratos full foot fins I love. Not a jet type, but good power. I think Leisure Pro has them for about $40.00.

For what its worth.

I am not big fan of Split fins, and are trying to get away from carrying ,shoes, botties, socks, ect. The less I have to bring on a drive the better.

It's always a challenge. Trying to find the RIGHT gears for you at the destinations without having to bring them along yourself.

What I am looking for is a fullfoot fin in a wide paddle style that works well for frog kicks.

I would probably go for Aqualung(read Technisub) Stratos or Mares Advanti Quattro Power (Mares - stand for diving)

They are some of the hardest paddle style full foot fins I have tried out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom