July 30 Lake Pleasant outing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out there until Tuesday so didn't have access to get on and post. I did post a short report last night, but I did it in a different thread. Anyway, Eric's report pretty much covers what it was like Sunday. It was different doing a giant stride into the lake! Pretty wild. I've got a photo of a student doing the giant stride posted up on my website.

We met up with Garrett again. We also met Ann (mudchick), Karen, Mike, and several other divers, some on the Board, some not. Can't wait to hang out with everyone again!

We did a couple of night dives and saw lots of activity. The fish really come out in Pleasant at night. Saw a 2 1/2 foot long catfish, several bass, carp, and blue gill.

Conditions improved as the week went on. By Tuesday we had almost 20 feet of visibility!! The thermocline jumped from 30-35 feet while we were there. It was extremely milky. We ventured into it for several minutes, got to 42 feet and less than 6 inches of vis before we turned it. It was somewhere in the 70s there. Not too bad in a full 3mm with hood.

We also did a lot of trash clean up. Monday morning we woke up to find trash all over the place. It wasn't the divers, but it wasn't there the afternoon before. We pulled some trash bags and cleaned up a bit. A park employee picked it up Tuesday morning for us. We also brought a mesh bag on our dives and picked up a bunch of trash from the lake bottom. Hopefully this weekend everyone will find it a little cleaner. If you can, pick up some trash. Just leave it piled up by that bush in the middle of the clearing and someone will pick it up. This is our lake and we should try to keep it clean.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Back
Top Bottom