Just arrived in Philippines. Top 3 locations? Complete Newb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smokers i dove with seem to have a very good SAC rate. the theory is that their lungs are so filled with phlegm that they dont absorb as much air? can you confirm coya?

I just have a large SAC naturally.....<snicker, lol>

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice here. I just finished 5 great days of wreck diving in Coron with Gunther at Discovery Divers. I am in Puerto Princesa currently and heading to Cebu the day after tomorrow where I will definitely take up some of your recommendations.

On another note had a crazy day on Saturday. I was in a tiny Banca going from Coron to El Nido on Palawan, quite far out to sea when the weather turned seriously nasty and we were taking on water. No radio and no comms so we would have
been in real trouble if we went down. No one would have even known. Somehow made it back after 9 hours of madness. If we had lost the one and only engine bye bye time. not exactly fun but certainly an experience... :wink:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice here. I just finished 5 great days of wreck diving in Coron with Gunther at Discovery Divers. I am in Puerto Princesa currently and heading to Cebu the day after tomorrow where I will definitely take up some of your recommendations.

On another note had a crazy day on Saturday. I was in a tiny Banca going from Coron to El Nido on Palawan, quite far out to sea when the weather turned seriously nasty and we were taking on water. No radio and no comms so we would have
been in real trouble if we went down. No one would have even known. Somehow made it back after 9 hours of madness. If we had lost the one and only engine bye bye time. not exactly fun but certainly an experience... :wink:

This reminds me of the boat Larry, Chip, Anton and myself got on when going from Leyte to Bohol. I remember seeing a big metal ship, and a small, tired looking Bangka. Guess which one we had to spend 4 hours in? Luckily, seas were flat as an ice rink.

Z...

This reminds me of the boat Larry, Chip, Anton and myself got on when going from Leyte to Bohol. I remember seeing a big metal ship, and a small, tired looking Bangka. Guess which one we had to spend 4 hours in? Luckily, seas were flat as an ice rink.

Z...

yeah flat seas...:cool2: (although rough seas are no problem in a capable boat). It turned out that all the other boats decided to stay in port that day, only our suicidal banca captain ventured out. The day before my voyage a boat went down in Coron and took 5 people with it. All part of the Philippines experience I suppose..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom