Just Completed PADI Rescue.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The scope of the Rescue Diver class is in my opinion the most beneficial for you or any diver for that matter to learn. The self rescue and buddy rescue skills are extremely valuable. Rescue is the first course that really opens your eye's and let's you see the light so-to-speak. My recommendation is to do it when you feel comfortable doing it. Don't let it intimidate you, but be prepared to work hard to earn that new card.

Ages
I would like to continue onto the divemaster rating but there is a massive leap in cost for this next course and therefore I will have to wait for a while.
On the question of when to take the rescue course, I agree with the other comments in that I felt that it was the right time for me and felt confident enough in my diving that I could now take rsponsibility should the occasion arise.
Kevin

Rescue training in my day(now stress and rescue) should be taught to all divers.It's not just about rescuing others but it's about self-discovery and some measure of self-reliance.None of us are islands and diving is a social sport but self-examination has got to be the first form of diagnosis.Am I comfortable with this dive? Am I stressed? Who can I talk to or should I abort?
I bet you'll find now that you'll look at your dives and other divers differently now.You'll check out the divesite,local medical help,nearest Oxygen etc.. and the moods and behaviour of your fellow divers.Are they nervous?
Is their gear on properly? You'll assist others and increase your own confidence and make a valuable contribution to the diving community.
The more confident you are,the better a diver you will be.
Confidence is contagious.I find that people relax around me as I am relaxed and a calming word can make the difference between a great dive and a stressful one.Let's face it,we're all in this game for the love of the sport first and none of us recommending rescue training get anything personally out of it but we just want you to be the best diver you can be.As to dive #'s.If you're not confident,then
get diving with experienced divers and ask their opinion of your ability and if they think you are ready.Often we can be our own harshest critics and we need to give ourselves a break.Well I think that's almost $0.04 worth.Have good one beachman. From the gasman.

Congratulations.
Taking the Rescue course was, one of most eye-opening, fun weekends of diving I have done. As you said, "I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it and how much I thought I knew, but really didn't!" just about sums it up.

did you complete it in a weekend? I didn't know that someone could.mine took 6weeks with 2 nights a week (theory and practical) and then rescue dives to certifty.
whats the haps divegal.have a great day.gasman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom