Just finished the rescue class...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After I finished the course I was talking to a buddy who works at the dive shop about how humbling the Rescue course was. He said that it was the best course to make yourself look like a total fool. Then I took the divemaster course...He was wrong:) CONGRATULATIONS! to you and your wife on finishing. It was no little feat...Great job and keep training...someone's life might depend on it one day....

I don't know. It is all about the instructor. They can make it or break it. I was lucky and had a great instructor that made that course seem like a class that actually mattered. I learned a lot. I ended up being involved in some way or another in a few rescues almost right out of the gate. However I have knowledge of another instructor that will or has blown into town and done the entire class start to check out in less than one day. I would get referrals.

Congrats on completing rescue.:D

Physically and mentally it's the hardest class. I didn't have much problems with the physical side of it but mentally they throw lots of stuff at you, different scenarios and sometimes two or more at the same time. I was damn tired after the second day of the class.

It was really cool and quite fun. I cursed our instructors and laughed with them at the same time. :wink:

Awesome - way to go!!
Just remember to practice what you learned now and again. It's like anything else, use it or loose it.

When I and one of my buddies did our Rescue checkout trip, for some reason, I just *really* felt like ordering pizza that Saturday night. I just now realized that I'd been yelling "pizza" and chasing pizza all day.

LOL we did order pizza after we finished the class. haha. :)

scubalifer:
I don't know. It is all about the instructor. They can make it or break it. I was lucky and had a great instructor that made that course seem like a class that actually mattered. I learned a lot. I ended up being involved in some way or another in a few rescues almost right out of the gate. However I have knowledge of another instructor that will or has blown into town and done the entire class start to check out in less than one day. I would get referrals.

This is true of all the diving classes. We found two instructors (Husband and Wife, or Wife and Husband haha) team that really kick ***.

They're kick ***. We just recently got back from a quadra trip with them. Finding the right instructor is the key.

Certainly would recommend talking with people in your area and talk to the dive shops and instructors. See if their views of diving match up with yours, try and get a feel for them. Get a referral is really good advice.

Congratulations on completing the course! Sounds like you had a great instructor, learned a lot, and had fun all at the same time. I'm planning on taking the Stress and Rescue class in the spring, and I was wondering if you might have any tips for me. Can you recommend any sort of physical or mental preparation that might help me? I currently work out 4-5 days a week, so my fitness level is pretty good, but are there any other things that you might recommend? Thanks in advance :)

runamonk, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm buzzing at the moment as I can't wait to do the practical stuff! I'm reading the book and watching the video - and only 2 weeks to go! woohoo... :dance:

Right, back to web development...boo....:(

Congratulations on completing rescue!!

I've helped teach a lot of classes, and Rescue is definitely my favorite. The STUDENTS make a huge difference. Prepared and enthusiastic students make it more fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom