Just finished the rescue class...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CC1020:
Congratulations on completing the course! Sounds like you had a great instructor, learned a lot, and had fun all at the same time. I'm planning on taking the Stress and Rescue class in the spring, and I was wondering if you might have any tips for me. Can you recommend any sort of physical or mental preparation that might help me? I currently work out 4-5 days a week, so my fitness level is pretty good, but are there any other things that you might recommend? Thanks in advance :)

The biggest tip and thing to remember during the class is take your time to assess the situation. This was our biggest problem during the class is we went too fast and missed very obvious clues about certain things. I won't give too much away because I don't want you to be too prepared for the possible scenarios they might throw at you.

Alot of it is common sense though. You'll do fine. :)

The physical part was intense but not as bad as I thought it would be. I will tell you at one point I was sitting on short resting after swimming out and pulling someone in when all of a sudden one of our instructors had disappeared, we figured something was coming but not sure when. All of a sudden he pops up way out there and starts sloshing around. I started giggling and cursing at the same time. LOL. It was awesome.

Just remember they can throw all kinds of stuff at you at once. =)

The best quote from our rescue class:

Instructor: If I yell at you, don't take it personally. I'm doing it for your benefit.

Student: Then don't take it personally when we cry.

LOL

One of our instructors yelled at one of the students. "NO! What do you do first?"

None of us will ever forget the order in which to do things because we'll hear her in our heads haha. :)

It was funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom