Key Largo Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your comforable with your navigation skills, don't even bother to pay for the DM to go into the water with you. You'll be doing dives in Key Largo that will range from 12feet to maybe 45feet (I think the Bennwood is the deepest for the normal wrecks) You'll probably have to pay a little extra to go to the Speigel. As soon as you figure out who to dive with (I liked Silent World mostly because they took us where we wanted to go and left us alone, pools open be back in an hour.. situation) find out if they'll let you on the Speigel or the Duane without being AOW..... IMO, there's tons of stuff to see at 60 feet but alot of the LDS won't take you out without your AOW.... My husband actually left his log book and C-cards home when we went down there and they had to call PADI to varify his cert level before we could hook up with the Speigel Dive. There are some MANY dive shops down there to pick and choose from.
Good Luck!
iflyprops:
I will be in Key Largo the first week of August and am looking for a good boat to go diving with. I would rather not dive on a cattleboat but do not want to pay exorbent prices either... I am especially looking for one who will do the Speigel, Duane/Bibb etc.

Thanks!!

(I tried a search but the function wasn't cooperating.)

Do any of the Dive Ops rent steel 95s?

Craig

Underwater Connection:
Do any of the Dive Ops rent steel 95s?

Craig
I'll have to look again, but I saw one shop that said they rented al and steel tanks in either din or yoke config...I think it was divers city, but I'm not sure.

...I still have one foot in the market. However, does anyone have any experience with Scuba Do? www.scuba-do.com

Thanks again!

[just checked and this is from the divers city website: "All scuba trips include L.P. Steel or Aluminum, DIN or yoke valve tanks and soft weights"]

iflyprops:
I will be in Key Largo the first week of August and am looking for a good boat to go diving with. I would rather not dive on a cattleboat but do not want to pay exorbent prices either... I am especially looking for one who will do the Speigel, Duane/Bibb etc.

Thanks!!

(I tried a search but the function wasn't cooperating.)
If you are still in Largo on 8/7 come join our party with the SoCal divers. There are a bunch of us going with Island Ventures doing the SG, Duane, Molasses and French Reefs in a day. There are also beach dives planned that weekend in Ft Lauderdale area, check out the general plan here. We are getting a discount of $40 per two tank trip, compared to the normal $50.

I wish I would be able to dive on the 7th...but we're heading back north (to north FL) on the seventh... :no: . Thanks for the invitation though, it sounds like a great time!

I have dove with all the operators previously mentioned and Island Ventures is my hands down favorite. Very accomodating and safe. They do not usually put a Dive Master in the water put they will if you let them know in advanced. The dive destinations, wrecks or reefs, are determined by the passengers. I highly recommend them. If they are booked, Capt Jeff on the HMS Minnow is very could alternative.

www.islandventure.com

Good Luck!

I've always liked Horizon Divers. Great guys, big boat though but I've benn lucky not to get a filled up one when I've dove with them. They know the Spiegel Grove backwards too. They are close to hotels and have great rates. www.horizondivers.com. ENJOY!! :dazzler1:

Cubascuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom