Key Largo Restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hubby and I were just in KL last weekend. Pilot House is a great place. Just remodeled, good menu and a glass bottom bar to boot (way cool at night). Sharky's is always fun, its where the locals go.

Doc's diner for breakfast is a must!

Gotta second Sundowners. Senor Frijole's is a coin toss. (Don't even think about their margaritas.) Hobo's is usually pretty good but if you're solo make sure they don't stuff you in the corner (tell 'em to shove THAT), Laura Dreaver's Coffee House (aka "Conch House"?) has decent food, Rib Daddy's is pretty tasty, Fish House comes through - mostly (rumor has it the lady - is that P.C. these days? - barkeep knows how to make a martini, unlike the Coconuts bartenders. And yours and my all time personal favorite, the Zane Grey Lounge at the Worldwide Sportsman/Bass Pro Shop in Islamorada also has food, IIRC. But, regardless, they know how to make a martini. And if your idea of a good time is to mingle with the local "color" go to Sharkey's, by all means. Want yellowtail snapper? Check out www.bobbates.net for recommendations. (I don't know if it's still on his site. You may have to search for it. He's the main boat driver for Horizon Divers. I am his philosophical/political opposite but he is a helluva writer.) Buzzard's Roost also has its moments. You might want to travel to Whale Harbor for the Sunday buffet or the outdoor bar for a fish sandwich. Or maybe not.

Last edited:
I'd have to put in a vote for Hobos.

Carribean Club is a good place to grab a few beers as the sun sets in the west, the view is not as good for sunrises but the people are interesting.

Fish House has excellent FRESH fish for dinner

Last edited:
Sundowners was a bust. Out of the four of us, we had one good meal. The only worse meal we had was at Rib Daddy's. What a waste of cash and calories.

Best meals this week were at Shipwrecks, Greek Isles and Mrs Mac's.

I'll expand more fom a computer later.

Vallarta Mexican Restaurant opened last spring. We've been to it twice and find it excellent and way above the norm for Mexican food. In the opinion of both me and my wife it is head and shoulders better than Senor Frijoles. See their menu HERE
Vallarta Mexican Seafood
105045 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL
(305) 451-4083 ‎

Hobos and Sharkeys. Fish tacos and fried shrimp. Chillie Willies in Islamorada - but this is a 10-15 min ride.

We missed out on free beer Friday at Shipwrecks. We had to get on the road. We ate lunch there yesterday and the burgers were great. Free beer from 5-6 pm on Friday would be tough to beat -not to mention great people watching.

Best meal we had back in June was at Mrs. Mac's. Most disappointing meal was at the Conch House.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom