Kids gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tresguey I'm no expert on the bc front but mask/snorkle wise I'd reccomend the mares corallo if you can still get one or the Mares Snap. They are kid sized decent quality masks. Snorkle wise we gave up on fancy units and just bought kids "toy" snorkles and made sure the join was water tight. Just to be clear I diddn't do this to be tight with money but to get the mouthpiece of the snorkle to be a good fit for a small face

Last edited:
Maybe stop into your local LDS and talk with them and see what they can do for you, the price is not always the only thing to consider in a purchase. I started my 11 YO daughter in a back inflate and will be trying a poodle jacket this week on her to see if it works better for her. Many variables and sometimes a local helper is a good thing.

I don't use it myself, as it's too small for me, but the Aqualung Micomask is pretty teeny-tiny. One or two of my friends demo'd it when it first came out, and they liked the way it fit their (small, narrow) faces a lot. It might therefore fit a child. See Micromask and mosey on down to your LDS for fit and stuff.

+1 on the BP/W recommendation. I saw a fantastic picture on The Deco Stop of an Oxycheq 18 lb wing and backplate set-up as modeled by a junior diver, and a hundred bucks says the kid will be using that same set-up in 10-years time, albeit with let-out webbing. I use one myself (and I'm a far cry from being a junior diver!), and I can attest to its being a wonderful rig.

You already dive Zeagle with your Ranger. Check out the Scout or something similar. It should come in a size small enough for your child and can grow with her since the components are modular. You could then change the shoulder or waist components without having to buy a whole new BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom