koh tao!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattiboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I was new to diving I went to koh tao in thailand and did my divemaster course there. Its cheap there but can be over dived in high season. But definately worth a visit as you can get your certs cheap and the diving is good

A "cheap" cert won't do me much good if it will cost me over $2000 to fly to Thailand. It probably also won't do me much good for improving my diving skills, either. :idk:

Great tip. sounds cool. I will only do a cert in the southern ocean or similar.

I dove there as well for fun with my family. It was beautiful. The flight did kill me though. Saw some giant grouper and huge schools of Barracuda. We did have on confrontation with an aggressive trigger fish but it only lasted a minute or so.

After nearly two years on Koh Tao - diving most days - I've also had loads of fun (both on land and u/w).

My highlights include seeing Whale Sharks on dives at Chumphon and going snorkelling at Shark Bay on my days off and being surrounded by dozens of Blacktips. And of course, there were the dives with the rather frisky Titan Triggerfish.

And as mentioned, it's economical so you can have a few beers in the evening sitting out at a beach bar.

I was thinking about doing intro to tech there the end of Jan. I noticed most rooms are fan only. How hot is it that time of year? I can get by with BKK hot on a fan for acouple of days, but if it's as hot as Phuket I need AC.

Am I the only one confused as to what this has to do with anything???

I was thinking about doing intro to tech there the end of Jan. I noticed most rooms are fan only. How hot is it that time of year? I can get by with BKK hot on a fan for acouple of days, but if it's as hot as Phuket I need AC.

It will be hot in that time of year (like always) But almost every resort does have AC, maybe you just have missed that from their webpages

I'll be there with my wife in late July. Any suggestions for dive ops or accomodation?

I hate humid heat and i found it okay on the islands in late Jan.

the thing that got to me was the stupidly high sea temps... you go in the water to cool off, not to sweat!

it's hot, but the sun has far less bite to it than in Sydney for some reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom