Lake Denton Info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The good thing about Lake Denton being your first real dive is that hopefully it will also be your worst dive ever. Things can only improve! :)

BTW, why the heck is someone from Atanta getting certified in Lake Denton? Not that I blame you for going South.

fndmylove:
perhaps I was so excited about my first dive that I didnt notice. :D . I think there was at least a 2 deg diff (80-78) between surface temp and bottom temp though.

I didn't go out to the deeper sections of the lake. I wanted to but there was a bunch of wakeboarders out and guess what necessary piece of equipment I left at home? :11doh:

My computer doesn't record the minimum temp, only the max. According to it, the surface was 78. I would estimate the thermo at about 5 degrees, because it felt about as cold as a spring on the bottom, maybe ever so slightly warmer.

HappyFunBoater:
The good thing about Lake Denton being your first real dive is that hopefully it will also be your worst dive ever. Things can only improve! :)

BTW, why the heck is someone from Atanta getting certified in Lake Denton? Not that I blame you for going South.

It's long, but worth the read, HERE is why I was down that far.

Crazy Fingers:
I didn't go out to the deeper sections of the lake. I wanted to but there was a bunch of wakeboarders out and guess what necessary piece of equipment I left at home? :11doh:

My computer doesn't record the minimum temp, only the max. According to it, the surface was 78. I would estimate the thermo at about 5 degrees, because it felt about as cold as a spring on the bottom, maybe ever so slightly warmer.

A dive flag? Now the real question is, would they have obeyed it?

HappyFunBoater:

I am sorry to say that Lake Denton, while crappy, was one of the better dives I have had recently.

I have been battered, beaten, and bruised against rocks by pounding surf. I have driven 300 miles for worthless 5' viz.

I have had 3 of my 4 limbs tangled in the dive flag line at once (note for reference: do not try to save ten bucks by buying a children's kite to use its line holder. Just spend the $12 on a REAL line.)

I have done night dives where my rented light craps out after 20 minutes. Did you know you can actually dive a reef by starlight and still see stuff?

God, I could go on forever. Sometimes I wonder how I still do this and like it. A lot.

It was... but from what I'm reading... it sounds like it's back open again. I haven't been down there since it did close.

I did hear that you had to park in the sand across the street... false rumor... I hope..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom