Lake Martin, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeScubaDiver:
Fellow Lake Divers,
We have a database we are trying to fill with great freshwater dive sites in the US. Sounds like there are some pretty decent spots in the southeast. If you all go to www.lakdeiver.com and fill out an online form telling us about a local dive spot for us to add to our interactive map, we will put your name in our monthly drawing for a free Lake Diver T-Shirt. Just make sure to submit your name and email with it so we can contact you to get your address if you win the shirt, all at no cost to you. We are trying to build the biggest freshwter resource on the net. For every site you tell us about, you will get another entry into the drawing, Thanks!!!

Restricted to lakes or would springs be included as well?

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick dive report about Lake Martin. Me and some friends dove Lake Martin yesterday late in the afternoon, we chose to dive around Acapulco Rock (the Rock) and just followed the rocks around. The visibility was not too bad probably around 15-20' the water temp was very reasonable until you dropped below 35' then you hit the thermocline and the water got really cold really fast. Since none of us were diving in dry suits we stayed 40' and above it did not take long to make that decision. We still ahd a good dive and managed to recover a couple of lost anchors and an old diving mask. All in all it was fun and very relaxing. I can't waite until my next dive. If anyone is in the area please feel free to drop me a line and we can dive Lake Martin. Me and my buddy have really nice size boats so we are not limited to just shore diving.
See you soon.

How was boat traffic? I know at times recreational boaters seem to not know the meaning of a dive flag...

Where is the Rock approximately and is this a well known spot?

Shaun

SuPrBuGmAn:
Restricted to lakes or would springs be included as well?
Pretty much all freshwater sources...lakes, rivers, quarrys, springs, etc...We welcome all the dive information we can get, because the bigger the database is, the more useful it is to more folks. Thanks in advance if you decide to help us out and submit some sites!

Good deal, that really opens up a ton of areas in FL for your site :) The state is simply honeycombed with freshwater springs that are divable. I'll have to submit some later.

The boat traffic was very minimal, the weather had been on again off again all day saturday, so I believe this had alot to do with it. We did not have to worry about boat traffic saturday it was a very nice dive. We have several really cool spots on the lake to dive some are above the thermocline and a couple of others are well below the thermocline. Eitherway come join us.

Hey Flodiver,

I see that you are from Nothern Alabama, I was wondering what information if any can you give me on the Madison County Rock Quarry? I have found some old sites on the old dive shop that use to run operations in it. I am aware that it is closed as of now, but I was wondering if anyone was still allowed to dive it. From what I can tell there is alot of cool stuuf in this quarry I would sure like to dive it.

It is/was a fun dive. There are a few threads talking about it reopening(hopefully). A search would probably give you links to some of em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom