Lake Martin, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In an update last Thursday evening; it is "possible" that diving in the quarry will be allowed this summer but only by Local Dive Shops and for instruction only. Every one would have to be a paying/participating student under the insurance protection of the dive master/instructor's business/professional coverage. Negotiations continue to allow public diving in the future but it is believed it will not happen this summer.

I'm not sure when our next trip to Martin will be, but will post it here (Deep Dixie Divers) when we plan it. With the Oriskany going down Wednesday and the training season at its peak in the summer we don't plan to use the Lake much for the next four months or so, and when we do it'll probably be a spur-of-the-moment trip because weather has caused a cancellation of a Gulf trip, but come late fall we'll be up there on a regular basis.
If y'all want to send me your email addresses (send to rick@scubaboard.com) I'll include you on our regular email list for local dive trip announcements. :)
Rick

Back
Top Bottom