Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vista Point is on the marina side. Enter there, take a right and follow the signs up the hill. Right now, with the water level so low, it will be a trek to and from the water. Desert Tortoise is another good place to dive. I believe Scorpion Bay is now closed to activities because of the new marina being constructed.

Scorpion is closed.... Two Cow is diveable, but with the current vis, I think the canals are a valid option. (ok, not really) Desert Tortoise is really low right now, but other wise a decent spot.

Hey Rob, where you did your last Rescue class at Pleasant- it's about 15ft above the current level of the lake!

That's about where they dropped the level to a couple of years ago. I just can't believe the visibility is so bad!

11-7-07: Dove for the first time in a long time from shore/county side of the lake. Was all the way on the far outside of Desert Tortoise facing what used to be Burro Island, in the vicinity of the large sinkhole Rob and I found last year (didn't see it, if it's high-n-dry, they filled it in).

Found the wall that I forgot was there, found it last year as the level was coming up, only had a chance to dive it once or twice, it starts right now in about 48', dropping to about 75-80', whereas last year it was in about 75' IIRC.

Viz: 5'
Surface Temp: 71F
Bottom Temp: 65F (60')
Sightings: None, here fishy fishy fishy...
Comments: Bring a big light to cut through the murk!

-Garrett

Well decided to get wet this past weekend at Vista Point. Well to the visibility in the lake is still a wonderful 5 feet in a few spots. Down at 65 it was zero visibility, the only exciting even was my buddy getting tangled in some fishing line and havingot cut him out and trying out my new drysuit, which I must say I have to remember not to hit the dam inflator so much, make that last 20 feet a real struggle to stay down. Other then those wonderful moments it was an uneventful day.

Dam I wish California was not a 6 hour drive away.

Steve

YEs true enough, I forgot about that magical switch crusie control, does it also make you invisible to the cops.

I should take more trips out there though, the lake is only fun for so long then you really get tired of seeing or not seeing I should say, all the dead trees/cactus/that ol rubber tire at Vista point. Man I have had some good times with that tire, ah the memories. Well the only saving grac is I will be in Catalina for the entier thanksgiving break diving, hopefully that will be enough to hold of my cravings for a little while longer.

Steve

Have fun at Catalina. I just went the 1st of Oct for bugs and had a blast. I highly recommend diving the dive park(not for lobsters). I seen wrecks, a huge black bass,large bat ray, and all kinds of other fish. I'm not saying that boat diving isn't the way to go, the park is just a really good alternative.

Unfortunately I won;t be at the dive park but I will be out on a boat for 3 days. Cruising arund clemente and catalina. This shous be a nice relaxing and fun trip, I know I could definetly use it after the way work has been going.

Steve

Well again I decided to got o vista Point today to get more familar with the use of my drysuit. Starting to get teh hang of it, must remember not to touch the inflator valve much though, and get use to the squeeze. Also the p-valve is a wonderful addtion to any drysuit if yo uask me, although I have issues with peeing in any suit wet or dry, I am slowly retraining myself to let be able to pee in the suit, on the surface I can but at depths it is like my body will not listen to me. I have a feelign that this will pass intime. As I was never one to pee in my wet suit, yuck.

Anyways was ther epracticing some ascents with stops at 30,25,20,15,20, 5 for two mintues at each, overall not to bad. The conditions at the lake though however are still crappy though. the lovely 5 foot visibilty just make sme cringe not to mention all the lovely fishing line everywhere. Of and the lake was a nice 65 degrees again. Starting to cool off which is nice.

Well I can hardly wait for thursday when I hit up CatalinaClemente for 3 days of diving. And will be able to see something versus the nice green haze in the water at teh lake.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom