Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do think that the water level is a bit lower than last year....The water starts to come up in late October through the winter.... I hope that the marina built doesn't hinder that!!!!

Dove today (9/9) at Vista Point.
Poor vis (~ +/-3ft).
However lot of huge Bass all over (mostly Gray/Silver).
Using compass is a must at the lake (if it wasn't mensioned before).
At Depth of 40ft still no thermocline (remained about 85f all dive).
The water level is very low, so from car to water is way to go (not talking about the way up afterwards).

Was at Pleasant (boating not diving). The lake is as low as I have seen it in years. They have regraded several roads that were 20' under water earlier this summer. If the visibibility would improve it might provide some access to new dive sites previously unavailable by vehicle. On the east side of the lake near the north launch ramp there was some water clarity, however, the north end of the lake the water looked like chocolate milk. Has anybody tried diving in the last week?

'bob

Dove last week over by the 10 lane boat ramp...hit 50' and had 3-5 ft vis at that depth...most of the dive was 8-10ft vis and lots of little treasures....saw several catfish and bass... Not to bad...never hit a thermocline!!! Was able to get my car within 35 ft of the water with a slight incline up and down to the lake.... It wasn't bad....

Ok...what is CAP??? I am glad it is coming back up though!!!

Ok...what is CAP??? I am glad it is coming back up though!!!

Central Arizona Project. The canal system developed to carry/distribute the states allotment of Colorado river water. JMO but if the full allotment of water was actually used by Arizona rather than being sold to other states you would likely never see the water dip below the 1702 sign.

'bob

Has anyone been to Pleasant in the last few days? If so, how was the vis and the temp? I was there on 9/14 but haven't been back since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom