Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffhamm:
1702 site???

Mo' info please... location. type of dive, etc.

Thanks
Jeff
It's at the north end of the lake, the sign (white speck in the middle of the photo) on the side of the peninsula says, "1702", the high water mark. It's a (deep) wall dive.
dsc01680.jpg

-Garrett

ffhamm:
I'd probably be up for a dive Friday morning, not sure what you consider early, I get off work at 8am and could probably be at the lake around 9.

Jeff

Jeff,
If you are still up for a dive at 9 let me know, I would have been out there earlier but if you want to go let me know and I will change my plans.

Adam

I didnt take my gear to work this morning, I hadn't heard back from you, so I couldnt make it out there that early. Thanks though.

Jeff

I dove Scorpion Bay/Mountain yesterday in the AM. I have to say that it was an interesting hike down, but not that bad. I was able to get in and out of the water with out a problem. It was the hiking back and forth getting my gear that sucked. I was able to hike down with my doubles with out any issues what so ever. The viz wasn't all the great right around 8ft, but the water was nice and warm above the 33' thermal cline. Did a little over an hr. of bottom time, and left early due to not seeing a whole lot. Found a nice lawn chair and an unopened beer. Saw a one nice sized bass and a catfish as well, but not a whole lot other than that.

Went out to two cow and dove with a group Friday...vis was about 12 ft...ok dive...not much there today...

We were out there all weekend. Visibility ranged from 8-20', depending on depth. We still had decent visibility at 60', 20' in the shallows. This was actually on the south side of Desert Tortoise over by Two Cow. On the north side, the visibility was less than 5'. Water levels are getting lower. My estimation is the water is about where it was last October. The sink holes near burro island are accessible if you don't mind a little walk. The land there hasn't been exposed long enough to drive to that area yet. Give it another couple of weeks. Water temperature was 85 degrees to the thermocline at 34'. Below the thermocline it was 67 degrees. Visibility dropped down over the course of the weekend, but we did have some rain coming down. Saturday, it was still in the 10' range to the south of DT. Sunday, it was 10' above 18'. Below 18' it was nothing but that white cloudy murk. Surprisingly, there wasn't a thermocline there.

It was a good weekend of diving and teaching. We were able to finish up a few courses and complete a Rescue course. We had a lot of fun and even got in a non-training dive at the end of the weekend. This was our last time in Lake Pleasant for about a year. We're off to N. Florida for constant visibility and water temperature!

AZ Desert Diver:
I dove Scorpion Bay/Mountain yesterday in the AM. I have to say that it was an interesting hike down, but not that bad. I was able to get in and out of the water with out a problem. It was the hiking back and forth getting my gear that sucked.

I was at Scorpion bay this past weekend myself - and the hike down wasn't bad (and was no fun coming up.) Visibility was 5 feet at the most.

I am looking for new places to try, as I'm still new to diving, and lake pleasant is all I have to play at until next month.

Hopefully I will be out there this sunday again!!!

Being a boater, and knowing a lot of my friends boat to and hang out in Humbug...do you guys ever dive Humbug? GOT to be a ton of stuff on the bottom there. Just curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom