Lake wedowee?? Wedowee, Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it looks like we have a go for the dive. Sorry, I've been real busy and not around a PC to post but BNow0707 has kept me informed about everything. My boat can hold me and one other diver comfortably with all gear and I might be able to swing one more diver. My boat is an 85 skeeter bass boat (16.5 ft). I don't know anything else to dive other than the bridge at this time but I'm sure there is somthing we can get into closer down river towards the dam. There is a lot of rip rap and road beds. You might can do some search and recovery diving for lost items around boat ramps (docks). It might be clear enough to do some photography down there, but it might be pretty dark not very sure. Yall look online and see what you can find out about certain structures to dive. You might find something that I've over looked.

ps. I forgot to mention. There is a place called Flat Rock. Ala power owns it now. On the back side of this park there is a rock quarry. HUGE BOLDERS are around there. It might be worth diving as well. Not very deep but ya nerver know what you might find. Check it out on a map of the lake.

Cool...I'll definitely be there! :D Just let me know where and what time to meet y'all...

I've got coworkers who will text message, operate the radio, and drive with lights and sirens on while going nearly 100mph down the interstate....I don't know how they do it. I can't even operate a small car while distracted....:shakehead:

It looks like it will jus be myself, reloader77724, noladiver, and bamamedic2.0 going to wedowee. If that is the case then we'll have enough room to take two maybe three tanks each. If you need tanks reloader or myself will be picking up rentals at SSDS in birmingham probably the friday before the dive. They're $6 each i think. Let me know if ya'll would like to do three or just two dives. Anyother questions just PM me.

Ive got 2 tanks for myself and they will be full b/c ill will be headed back from High Springs. This should be an interesting dive.

OK so today was the day!!! We met up with noladiver in wedowee at around 8 grabbed a biscuit and headed for the river. The boat launch and ride went smoothly, we came to a spot where we were trying to find an old rock quarry, no such luck so we headed down river to dive a rock wall. For the first dive we suited up and hit the 52 degree water. We dropped down along the wall to a max depth of 35 feet and after a bouancy porblem of mine we got straightend out and headed along the wall stopping to look in a few cracks and holes along the way. Noladiver did find a little kids fishing pole which for unknown reasons:confused: reloder77724 handed to me and i toted around for the rest of the dive. The viz was pretty low 3-5ft. We surfaced after a 21 minute dive and kicked back to the boat.

Next we headed further down river towards the dam. Noladiver decided he would stay with the boat on this one because the water temps were pretty chilly. Reloader77724 and myself eased around a point and began dropping down a very steep wall. The viz was a little better maybe about 5-8ft at about 25 foot depth. At about 45 feet i picked up an old pull tab top beer can and handed it to reloader77724 but somehow it came up missing when the dive was done:confused: We hit a 66 ft max and that water is so dark, I had a small hand light and when we shut it off it was complete darkness. Literally could not see my hand 6 inches from my face. We decided to go up a bit to get some light. We finished the 21 minute dive swimming along the wall at about 15ft and then turning and heading up next to the rocks.

All in all not a bad day for diving except cold water temps. Glad to find another spot to dive close to home. Nice to meet noladiver and get a chance to dive some.

Sounds like a decent day of diving, although a bit chilly for my taste.

So what happened to diving the bridge?

You are only about 2 hours out from me in Alpharetta, let me know the next dive date and I would love to tag along! With gear and tanks I can cart two other divers so any other Atlanta area divers that are interested let me know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom