Lake wedowee?? Wedowee, Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone. The dive at lake Harris in Wedowee went better than I had expected. We abandoned the bridge dive because of water clarity being so bad. The water was pure mud it seemed. In the summer, this is going to be a great lake to dive because the water is seemingly clear as well as at full pool lol. Anyways, we are definitly going to do more dives down there especially after I get a good light to use which anything would be good since I don't have one yet. ( Any suggestions? ) We look forward to having other divers as well, to join us on some of them if yall can. Take care everyone and Noladiver, it was nice meeting you and I look forward to doing some more diving with ya.

anytime, it was good meeting you guys too!! I cant wait to get back down there once the water temps come up a little. I need to upload those pics but ive been pretty busy with school.

If y'all will keep me updated, I'd love to go on the next dive....I'm sorry I couldn't make the last one. It sounds like you all had a great time!

You are only about 2 hours out from me in Alpharetta, let me know the next dive date and I would love to tag along! With gear and tanks I can cart two other divers so any other Atlanta area divers that are interested let me know...

heck I'll go. viz and temps sound like Lanier to me....new dive site? I'm in.

Yeah, wedowee is going to be a great place to dive in the summer when its a lot clearer. Those rock walls are DEEP and pretty cool. Need a good light though.

I think that during the summer the shallower spots (0-30) aren't gonna be great to dive because of the little micro-blah blah's that grow using the sunlight. I think these cold water temps on the surface are keeping the numbers down but at depth i think its going to be good diving, but like reloader said gotta have a good light. The viz the first 20 or so foot was the worst part, at least to me, it seemed as though it cleared up towards the deeper water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom