LCBR Pool View or Ocean View Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have visited LCBR twice. The first time we were in a PF for 2 days before transferring to an OF. The 2nd visit was entirely in an OF. Unless the savings is very important, I would recommend staying in an OF, for all of the reasons mentioned above. If you have to split the room, no big deal, I would sign up to upgrade to the OF for the stay

I just changed the reservation to 7 nights ocean view with the final night in a pool view room. According to Mary at Reef Fantaseas, there is better chance for an ov room to open up for one night than for a pv room to open up for 3 nights; which is what we were hoping for with our original reservation. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
The poolview rooms are fine and I would stay in one again if no oceanfront available. Get's a bit noisy on Karaoke night, but that ends by 11 PM.

The Karaoke is over at 10 p.m. I just got back to CA tonight after having been on LC for the past 3 months. I went down to watch the Karaoke quite a few times and it was always very tame...and over by 10.

I've only stayed in pool view. IMHO, the size of pool view rooms was fine - no problems and plenty of counter/table space for cameras, etc. I did not find noise to be an issue, as long as you don't try to go to bed before 10 on karaoke night ;-) Pool view rooms do not have any furniture outside the room, OFs do....which is one nice advantage (other than the view, of course). As someone who gets up early, would have been nice to have a spot to sit right outside the room (although I tended to walk down to the dock and watch the sun come up each morning).

I just changed the reservation to 7 nights ocean view with the final night in a pool view room. According to Mary at Reef Fantaseas, there is better chance for an ov room to open up for one night than for a pv room to open up for 3 nights; which is what we were hoping for with our original reservation. Thanks for the advice!

Well, things have changed again! I just got a call from Reef Fantaseas and they've had a pool view room open up for the full 8 days of our stay, so I took it and we won't have to move.

Back
Top Bottom