LDS Charging to TRY ON wetsuits???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just so other know, most manufacturers agreements to sell products require a "dive shop" (internet or local) to have a "store front" and be a real dive shop to be able to order their products.

So it's not like someone can go out and create a web industry and only sell online with no store front.

I think that Joe Diver America might be (or have been) the exception. Either that or they were a "internet name" for another storefront. For the longest time they wouldn't even put a contact number on their website and I'm not sure they operated a real storefront. Not sure what they do now.

Sorry to dig this up first off. Good old Joe's is still there and doing what they do best.. I live about 4-5 miles from their shop and have been there a few times to buy equipment. They have a lobby with equipment on display but keep the front door locked. All you gotta do is knock and say you need to buy gear and they will gladly let you in and are very helpful. I am about to get my first gear package from them and being able to go there and try it all on sure helps :)

If LDS are having issues being treated like a fitting room then stop selling wet suits. Dont gouge the innocent people who are making a reasonable attempt to find something they like. If I was going to buy batteries even and saw a 25 dollar charge for wet suits I would turn around before ever entering the store. Thats B.S. and nothing can justify hurting your best customers to make a point to those who are bad apples!
No LDS charges their customers to shop. They are not stupid proprietors. They know who is using them as a fitting room with the intention of buying on line.

My friend owns a successful dive shop and had a customer come in to try on a wetsuit. Well, after he got himself into it and back out, it was all wet and sweaty. The guy didn't buy the suit and my friend had to have it cleaned then put it on the sale rack. He lost money and I am sure the customer bought his suit somewhere else.

You can try on wetsuits and leave undergarments on? Who wants stuff that smells of sweat or perfume. I think if you are going to try stuff on, then buy something.

Also most places like LP and Scubatoys have a fit guarantee. So you can order something, and exchange it if it does not fit. They pay for shipping. Bottom line if your a hard fit pay the price to get something fitted, maybe even a custom fit. If your like me and many things fit off the rack then you can buy stuff from mail order and shop for the best price.

Back
Top Bottom