LDS cost to trim neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't think they were trying to punish you for not buying it there but simply stating that if they sell it it's a service that's included.

Heck even if some one buys a suit somewhere else, if they take a dry suit class with me preparing the suit for diving including trimming seals is part of the class. In that case I don't do it for them but rather guid them through it for the purpose of teaching them how to do it but I don't charge extra for it.

Dude, I wouldnt trim your neck seal for $100. Do it yourself. Have fun. I hope you mess it up, and have to buy a new neck seal. People like you think that we have nothing to do in the dive shop, except wait on people like you who spent $200 in the shop in the last month and expect to get something for free... That LDS doesnt owe you anything. Don't expect to get anything for free...

Support your LDS, and they will support you. If you buy from somewhere else, and then bring it in and ask them to take care of a problem for you for free, you are basically taking advantage of them. I'm sure you wont see it that way, thats just how you are. I know your type... We try to send people like you to our competition.

ANyways, send the suit to me, and I'll take care of it for you... PM me for my address...

dvleemin once bubbled...
Are you implying that you wouldn't cut MY neck seal, or anyones?
I can't tell you how many times I've seen neck seals go from "too tight" to "it leaks" in a single cut of a single ring - and sometimes without a cut at all!
It is one of those things that seems so simple, that seems there should be little if any charge for doing it, but is so apt to be "wrong" in either direction even without any change that it's just simply best to leave the responsibility with the end user.
It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, so I just don't do it - except on my own suit.
E. itajara

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Dude, I wouldnt trim your neck seal for $100. Do it yourself. Have fun. I hope you mess it up, and have to buy a new neck seal. People like you think that we have nothing to do in the dive shop, except wait on people like you who spent $200 in the shop in the last month and expect to get something for free... That LDS doesnt owe you anything. Don't expect to get anything for free...

Support your LDS, and they will support you. If you buy from somewhere else, and then bring it in and ask them to take care of a problem for you for free, you are basically taking advantage of them. I'm sure you wont see it that way, thats just how you are. I know your type... We try to send people like you to our competition.

ANyways, send the suit to me, and I'll take care of it for you... PM me for my address...

You sound like the guy at my LDS. The only things I've gone there for in the past year are tank fills.

While I agree that the LDS shouldn't be expected to do it gratis....

LUBOLD8431 wrote...
Dude, I wouldnt trim your neck seal for $100. Do it yourself. Have fun. I hope you mess it up, and have to buy a new neck seal... Support your LDS, and they will support you.
With that attitude, I wouldn't trust you with any of my gear, scheduled maintenance or not.

Gee, you wouldn't be trying to flame me would you. **edited by Rick** you make me laugh. Where in the thread did I say, or even imply, that the LDS should do it for free? Why don't you go post on some other board if this is the most intelligent thing you can come up with.

Darryl

<snip> I hope you mess it up, and have to buy a new neck seal. People like you think that we have nothing to do in the dive shop, except wait on people like you who spent $200 in the shop in the last month and expect to get something for free... <snip>

With words like these you must make more enemies than friends. I guess that explains your signature line statement. Hmm, I think someone has a chip on his shoulder.

DON'T trim it!

Instead, stretch it over an AL 80 and let it sit like that for about 4 hours. Try it on again. If not loose enough do it again for longer. Ultimately this will stretch it out and you won't need to cut it.

Dave D

dmdalton once bubbled...
DON'T trim it!

Instead, stretch it over an AL 80 and let it sit like that for about 4 hours. Try it on again. If not loose enough do it again for longer. Ultimately this will stretch it out and you won't need to cut it.

Dave D

I thought latex didn't have a memory?

dvleemin once bubbled...

I thought latex didn't have a memory?

Try it, you will like it! This was recommended to me by a good friend (Andy Whitehouse, founder and owner of Andy's Undies and Drysuits) when my son and I purchased drysuits from him. That is all we did. My son has a size 17 neck and I have a size 15. We had to stretch his out longer, overnight as I recall.

Latex has a poor memory, in that if not stretched out on occasion it will come back close to original. My son is in the Navy and only gets home to dive cold water with me once a year. When he does, he has to stretch it out each year. I never go a month without diving (most of the time not a week without diving) and I have not had to restretch mine.

Dave D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom