LDS Scams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I gotta vent. My company is in the market for some tech gear. So we go two routes for pricing - LDS and Online. LDS comes back with their recommendation - modify a Zeagle ranger so it can handle doubles. (In my mind a poor recommendation) I am then given a hugely inflated price of over 700 bucks for the BC alone, then questionably useful add-ons out the ying yang which in total add up to over 1500 bucks. I am then told about the HUGE discount we are getting (this is stressed over and over). I am told we are getting over $500 bucks off. Now the total is $999.95 (funny how it came out exactly to that). Yeah what pals.

So I go online and price everything out they recommeded (not that I wanted to go with the Ranger, just for comparison) and come up with a price far below what they quoted. Then I looked at some OMS equipment which was a more appropriate choice for the job, and priced it out too.

I ask them to give me a quote on the OMS gear. Again - highly inflated numbers - with the standby "what a great deal I'm getting" thrown in.

For entertainment, I tell them the prices I got online to see em squirm. Oh, by golly their calculators must be operational again. Now they can meet or even beat those prices!

They had their chance. I have a good place for them to shove their shell game. More and more I am thinking online is the way to go. I don't need these games.

Back
Top Bottom