LDS What ever happened to a fair price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The most common debate is going on agian...

It is about the time some LDS affiliated members are jumping into the debates.......

Another popcorn ready~~~~~~:)

BrianV:
That was fine, it ended up being a $17 delta from ground to next day; I did also have to pay tax (and on $250 that's about $17-18). So it cost me an additional $35-40 but I did take it back twice to get serviced and tuned and it didn't cost me anything.

BrianV, I don't think we are talking about the LDS like you had here... Your LDS isn't bad at all....

amascuba:
I still think even $355 is too expensive for a wetsuit personally. I bout my 3mm scubapro everflex full body suit for $200.

Yep, that same suit is still only $215 here in Hawaii. I bought my suit (XCEL 4/3 full) and even had it customized for $150 from the factory here.

BrianV:
When I went to buy my 1st reg (delta III/CDX5) I told them it was a lot cheaper online and they said they'd price match, but they didn't seem all that happy about it. They weren't giving me the run around, but they were like, well you won't get a warranty, we won't service or tune it for free, and you won't have it today. I told them, I'm not diving for another two weeks, so instant gratification means nothing. I did tell them I wanted to buy it from them, but I just couldn't justify such a large price difference (we were talking around $200). They said, ok we'll pricematch but charge you the price for next day air since you get instant gratification.

That was fine, it ended up being a $17 delta from ground to next day; I did also have to pay tax (and on $250 that's about $17-18). So it cost me an additional $35-40 but I did take it back twice to get serviced and tuned and it didn't cost me anything.

That's pretty reasonable, kinda like that approach.

Pricematch (or close as they can get) + S&H... seems fair.

-Brandon.

I went to my LDS when I wanted a custom DUI drysuit. I knew I would have no issues with getting a proper measurement because my wife sews and makes my undergarments. I pretty much told them what I could get one for from Dive US for and they not only met it but beat it and I didn't have to pay shipping. The price was also after tax. Give them a chance but don't let them take advantage of you either.

Back
Top Bottom