Lds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would look into another LDS. I prefer LDS for 2 reasons, it supports them (I like mine and also feel that we have become friends). And, when buying from a LDS, if there is something wrong with the equipment when you receive it, you don't have to send it back to the retailer, you just go back to the shop. But the response you received was very unprofessional to say the least. My wife uses a 2x female wet suit, and we were able to find many in Florida. If you are close to one, Divers Direct carries them.

standrod:
INNOVATION:
Sorry to hear things went that way. I know here it's tough for the LDS to compete against online...but I enjoy going there and my LDS is usually pretty comparative to online in most instances. Sometimes they just don't have what I want but they know up front that I'm going elsewhere.

dear standrod, at least you tell the dive shop up front. like i said i never new. on sept. of 2004. i was told to look up his postings which i did.could not believe what i saw. now livestolie has been comming to the shop all this time never said a word to me. went on two trips with my dive shop to bonaire dove with us. took courses with my shop. in june 2004 took his family to bonaire but before they left brought the famileys regulators in for service. now if did not like me would you bring your life support system for service. and if i knew what he was saying on scuba board why would i service them.just read his postings. i can tell you more about this person but why. like i said every dog has his day.and he will have many.

INNOVATION:
standrod:
dear standrod, at least you tell the dive shop up front. like i said i never new. on sept. of 2004. i was told to look up his postings which i did.could not believe what i saw. now livestolie has been comming to the shop all this time never said a word to me. went on two trips with my dive shop to bonaire dove with us. took courses with my shop. in june 2004 took his family to bonaire but before they left brought the famileys regulators in for service. now if did not like me would you bring your life support system for service. and if i knew what he was saying on scuba board why would i service them.just read his postings. i can tell you more about this person but why. like i said every dog has his day.and he will have many.

While I was looking for a good thread, and felt no need to speak about this, I figured I would chime in.

I don't think that his words at the top of this thread are that inflamatory. He stated that he is upset because he feels the relationship that you all had seems to be in jeopardy. You seem to have the same issues (upset that the relationship has gone south).

Anyway, I would just talk to the man face to face and work it out. If I'm pissed at someone, they deserve to know. Whether I feel that they threw the first stone/punch/words or not.

Call the guy. Sit down. Figure it out. Maybe there was a miscommunication. And while I would love to have this thread keep going because everyone likes a good fight, I'm becoming clost to done with it. Neither one of you are acting like men, let alone adults. You are hiding behind words on a board in the hopes to get support from people you don't even know. Sort of silly if you ask me.

Good luck... to both of you.

cmalinowski:
INNOVATION:
While I was looking for a good thread, and felt no need to speak about this, I figured I would chime in.

I don't think that his words at the top of this thread are that inflamatory. He stated that he is upset because he feels the relationship that you all had seems to be in jeopardy. You seem to have the same issues (upset that the relationship has gone south).

Anyway, I would just talk to the man face to face and work it out. If I'm pissed at someone, they deserve to know. Whether I feel that they threw the first stone/punch/words or not.

Call the guy. Sit down. Figure it out. Maybe there was a miscommunication. And while I would love to have this thread keep going because everyone likes a good fight, I'm becoming clost to done with it. Neither one of you are acting like men, let alone adults. You are hiding behind words on a board in the hopes to get support from people you don't even know. Sort of silly if you ask me.

Good luck... to both of you.

dear chris, dictionary friend=a person whom one knows, likes, and trust.let me give you some bio on myself. this month i'll be sixty three.service eight years in the u.s. navy 1962 cuba blockade our destroyer rased a russion sub. 1966-67 deployed to viet-nam on desrtoyer.arpil 1967 discharged. rate 2nd class bosn'mate. still attend ship reunions as we are a band of shipmates. late 70's certifide.as diver. worked for dive shop eight years . have my dive shop 15 years.i just wanted to set what livestolie said stright. i have no problem with him. he is gone out of my life i have many shipmates and good friends. i do not need livestolie because their is no friendship. thank you

Hey you all should try out our LDS I bet it puts all others to shame. Our LDS will slag the pants of anybody. And believe me whats been printed is not all that bad but he should not be lieing about your shop. It seems so many people forget that this is on the net and others do read it and form opinions that is the part that sucks. Because they never meet you just think they know you. !!!!!!!!

INNOVATION:
dear chris, dictionary friend=a person whom one knows, likes, and trust.let me give you some bio on myself. this month i'll be sixty three.service eight years in the u.s. navy 1962 cuba blockade our destroyer rased a russion sub. 1966-67 deployed to viet-nam on desrtoyer.arpil 1967 discharged. rate 2nd class bosn'mate. still attend ship reunions as we are a band of shipmates. late 70's certifide.as diver. worked for dive shop eight years . have my dive shop 15 years.i just wanted to set what livestolie said stright. i have no problem with him. he is gone out of my life i have many shipmates and good friends. i do not need livestolie because their is no friendship. thank you

Thanks for your service to our country.

Good luck in your business. Since it appears that neither one of you intends to talk to the other or work this out, then i guess this is over. I feel for both of you. I have had times where I lost friends over arguments. It never feels good, and no matter how right you are (I feel that I was), it'll probably bother you in the end. Maybe not.

Take care.

Back
Top Bottom