leisure pro deleting your reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been totally surprised at a few web sites that have allowed negative reviews, and find that I am much more willing to buy from a company that allows such reviews to remain for the benefit of their customers.

The tanks I bought from Divers Direct were dinged due to them putting the valve loose in the box. paint chipped.

I wrote this on the review and they left it on there, but they cowardly deleted their name and replaced it with stars (*********). So I was surprised to see them do that.

Ok, I’ve looked into this a bit and I can tell that we have some sort of problem. On my computer it will not show your review, but on Aaron’s computer no more than 10 feet from me, your review (judging from the info on your post) is the first one! On my computer when I click to go to the next page of reviews it sends me to our home page. I have forwarded this info to our Webmaster and hopefully we will have it straightened out soon. In the time being you may want to try looking at the review with a different computer, your review may just show up.

In regards to the reviews on our site, they are maintained by an outside company and reviewed by them before being posted to our site. They make sure that they are relevant to the product, not vulgar etc. Reviews that are negative but otherwise on topic and for the product that they are posted under are not deleted. A quick look around led me to this product, judging by those reviews we know what camera not to buy! Personally I would say that letting people see the negative reviews of our other customers really saves us a lot of trouble because down the road we do not have to deal with the problems a bad product can cause.

Yep, looks like it...
nice tank, but needs reinspection
By JPVerified Purchaser from mitchell sd on 2/25/2008
Pros:Lightweight, nice looking tank
Cons: needs a $25.00 credit
Best Uses:SCUBA DIVING
Describe Yourself: Recreational Diver
Bottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend

this is a nice tank but when i got it i had to pay 19.00 for reinpection,valve installation, since its recommended they do it,otherwise i would have done it, and the hassle to leave my tank there. by the time you add up the price, shipping,boot kit, reinspetion and fill, its not worth it, you save no money, however everything else i bought on leisure pro is awesome!!!!, i bought all my gear with LP its great.(sorry about the tank LP but its true)

You know what? We are working on adding reviews to our site. Our biggest concern is keeping the spam out so we are setting it up to where we have to approve the comment first. We are also wrestling with things like, should we allow anyone review a product? Most sites make you purchase first, but we feel it makes sense that if a potential customer has something to say, why not allow them to do so.

Lastly we are considering flagging or giving special recognition to a review posted by a customer who has made a purchase with us. The bottom line is that we want to make more information about a product available to potential customers, good or bad.

I don't see it either under IE7/Windows XP. The last one I see is from OC on 11/07. Weird...

2 mins. later:

OK, flushed my browser cache and now it shows up..

works OK on Mac with Safari or SeaMonkey (=Mozilla)

Fraser

ps. now we've bug-tested their server for them, will LP give us a discount ? :)

Back
Top Bottom