Leisure Pro Pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisjg04

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does the pricing on Leisure Pro change between day and night?

Recently I have been looking at gear and shopping around hoping to get all of my gear in the next couple of weeks. On several occasions I have created a custom package on Leisure Pro (Zeagle Stiletto, Oceanic GT3, Oceanic Alpha 8 Octo, Oceanic Gauges) and the price is much higher in the daytime than it is at night. It is usually around $1,000 during the day and $850 at night. I noticed that specifically the octo goes from $115 to $65. Does anyone know why this may be?

Its even gotten as low as $790, as a college student who has been eating pasta hot dogs and rice recently to save up for my gear I'm thinking I might want to take advantage of a 3 AM purchase on Leisure Pro. However I am planning on visiting my LDS when I get back to Miami in 2 weeks to see what they can do for me first.

I know some sites change pricing based on the value of the dollar, stock, availability, etc but this does seem strange.

I have gone to several sites on one day to check a price only to see it change the next, in the scuba industry its too common but to have it change back and forth seems odd and to change based on the time of day seems really strange.

it may be that a sale was applied to some item without you noticing it.

For those items why not call Mike at Dive Right In Scuba, I bet he can set you up with a number.

Does the pricing on Leisure Pro change between day and night?

I noticed that specifically the octo goes from $115 to $65. Does anyone know why this may be?

I've noticed this too... I buy some leisurepro's ebay site quite a bit, and you can find everything on there for between $10-$50 cheaper... That is odd, but hey if it saves money......

P.S. I've noticed that when auctions end on ebay LP's prices on that same item go down IF the item didn't sell on ebay.. I can't say this has been consistent, but I have seen it happen with a reg set as well as a speargun. I went with the speargun :cool2:

Gray market, non-manufacturer warranty, beware
Give me a break already. We all know it's gray market, non-manufacturer warranty by now. What are we supposed to be afraid of, exactly? Having too much money in our pockets?

I've never heard anything negative about Leisurepro honoring their own warranty or problems with their service department......They're some of the most miserable, unhappy people to talk to over the phone, but they make good on their word from my experience.

Factory authorized dealers and service centers on the other hand.........:no: Some good, many bad....

EDIT: call up Leisurepro and they will give you pricing they are not allowed to advertise over the internet.

Dive Right In Scuba has a pretty neat rewards points system, and I'd look into that too.

Gray market, non-manufacturer warranty, beware

I believe they are an authorized Oceanic dealer therefore you get the manufacturer warranty. However this is not the case with the Zeagle BC.

I gotta say something,,,,,I have bought from Liesure pro and a couple of other online places...I did have a small problem with a piece i bought at LP,,I called,sent it back,all warranty was made good,problem taken care of..Had a problem with a gauge I bought online,Aeris,,, I Called Aeris,they asked me to show where and when I bought it,sent it to them,they made good the warranty,,problem taken care of...I just bought a wet suit from LP,,called and talked to the sales person about it and a package change,very nice,helpful person and a good price on the change...2 of the 3 online places i have bought so far have made good on any problem I have incurred,including warranty work,,and I like JoeDiver also...

EDIT: call up Leisurepro and they will give you pricing they are not allowed to advertise over the internet.

I was going to suggest this also. The price difference can be substantial. (I found $300 +/- on a drysuit.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom