Lembeh, pls help! where will I be happiest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Chilly! Funny thing you should be posting on that. We just got back from Indo last week but have to start planning our October trip which will be Lembeh, Raja (on the Dewi) and something else. I have been to Lembeh Resort 5 years ago and liked it (well not the stairs but the rooms were nice). When I check out prices for that (they only have Garden View for the days in Oct I am looking at), and KBR it seems stuff in Lembeh must have gotten pricer in the past few years.

I am struggling to determine where to stay - us and our friends coming with us aren't really into budget hotels - we want nice rooms with AC and decent food... So for those of you who have been to Lembeh interested to know a) are the garden view rooms at Lembeh Resort worth the $ or should I look elsewhere? b) Has anyone gone to KBR - their prices are only about 1-2 hundred less than Lembeh but you get a higher range room at their resort c) anywhere else - not into hostel or lodge like, must have its own bathroom, AC and good food, and dive guides must be good.

Thanks - and chilly let me know what you figure out too!

Will do. Too bad about the jacket. I don't have one.but thanks!

... and then a week at Murex Bangka. Wish me luck on weather and sea conditions.

I have a very silly question. Do these two resorts provide shampoo and soap?
Yep, Bangka Murex should.
In fact I remember they provided multitask shampoo/shower gel with a lovely fresh green tea smell.

Now I've read on Facebook that Bangka Murex has now a new dive manager besides that their resort manager Tommie left.

Personally it's the last good thing I was waiting for, Tommie was always looking for customer satisfaction and I don't believe the guides at Murex needed any gringo on their backs.
Aswar, Johnny and the gang had been caring the for the diving and that was fine for everyone, they didn't need anybody to show them how to do things they've been doing right with enthusiasm for the past ten years.
How about stopping price increase rather than adding another overhead?

Anyway Chilly, you get the responsability for reporting on diving management in Murex Bangka, ok?

We were at KBR in May. Food, accommodations, and dive crew, etc. was great. No stairs, except to our room on stilts or the second floor bar, per the post above. Hospitality was great.

Bill! :p! Heehee

Yes happy under water. ha, have been in SE Asia too long when I feel chilled. Even so im blessing the evening temperatures.

Black Sands is awesome. Dive sites 5-10 minutes away. It's beautiful here even though a bit rainy and cool. Yes I'd have been happier had i brought my chill guard instead of just a sun shirt and yes, a windbreaker jacket for the boat ride back might be nice but really . . .5-10 minutes?who can't deal with a slight chill for that short a period of time. Today, hairy frogfish, almost out of the gate! Flamboyant cuttlefish, large decorator crab, orangutans crabs, so many scorpions etc etc. I'm beside myself.

But yeah, still a few stairs to climb. My gosh it's a lovely climb though. :) and warms me up a bit.

Bill! :p! Heehee

Yes happy under water. And Black Sands is awesome. Dive sites 5-10 minutes away. It's beautiful here even though a bit rainy and cool. Yes I'd have been happier had i brought my chill guard instead of just a sun shirt and yes, a windbreaker jacket for the biat ride back might be nice but really . . .5-10 minutes?who can't deal with a slight chill for that short a period of time. Today, hairy frogfish, almost out of the gate! Flamboyant cuttlefish, large decorator crab, orangutans crabs, so many scorpions etc etc. I'm beside myself.

But yeah, still a few stairs to climb. My gosh it's a lovely climb though. :)

Luko, I feel you Dude. Some parts of Indonesia's visa change regulations may not be good for all the locals. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom