Lembeh, pls help! where will I be happiest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks I'll check it out. A bit confused though. Are you and Wingy saying it's a good place if you are on a budget or doesn't matter as offers most bang for the buck while still meets my criteria with regard to comfort food shade and a/c?

I'm also looking for opportunity to take a day trip to Bangka within the Lembeh trip.

(Two Fish is a non-starer for me due to food no a/c)

Thanks Liquid Diving Adventures! You know I think you are the greatest.

Luko, where do you stay when non-diving wife is not with you?

Yes its great value, good food, nice rooms, wifi/ac. what else would you need?

not the same level of comfort, but we're quite happy with Black Sand, KBR, Froggies, Two-Fish. We've stayed in other resort as well, not bad, no regret, but I'm happy to go back to these four resorts - depend on how much I would like to spend.

Can this be right? My calculations show Froggies as at least one third the price of Lembeh Resort?!?

OK, I've looked at resort pages for both Froggies resorts (Lembeh and Bunaken). I'm not a mountain goat anymore, if I ever was so cabin location will be critical for me. They advertise "traditional comfort food". Traditional to which culture?

Haven't yet sussed out whether or not I can get a glass or two of wine or a beer without having to bring my own.

:)

---------- Post added January 28th, 2015 at 01:16 PM ----------

Am glad I doing myself a disservice by going in rainy season?

Last edited:
Have you considered KBR??? We have been there 3x and loved it each time!!!

KBR, that's the first one Greg of Liquid Diving Adventures recommended isn't it? Hmm. . .

Thanks Jake11. Have you ever been there in rainy season?

im 6'4" 280lbs and the food was amazing. also request the bungalow right on the water. anything else and i'd say you are too picky. It is the best deal around.

One time and we still went on all of our dives!!!!!!!!!! Love that place . They have an awesome spa as well!!
KBR, that's the first one Greg of Liquid Diving Adventures recommended isn't it? Hmm. . .

Thanks Jake11. Have you ever been there in rainy season?

Yes Chilly you can get beer at Froggies. The food is a mix of western and indonesian - its not gourmet but its certainly not going to leave you hungry. Also the mountain goat thing lol - I actually like Froggies top cabin at Bunaken because you get a great view but it is a lot of steps. A friend with knee problems always requests the bottom cabins.

I use Murex at Bangka.

Back
Top Bottom