Lembeh Resort or Kasawari or KBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luko...going to Bali in mid September. Sounds like Lembeh it is. Leaning towards Lembeh Resort. Wish we had the time to do two different areas. Probably spending about 5 days diving in Lembeh. Sounds like a good idea to come back and do Ambon next time during a different month.

Kasawari can be very noisy from loudspeaker music - village on one side and partying locals on the other. Would not recommend.

Kasawari can be very noisy from loudspeaker music - village on one side and partying locals on the other. Would not recommend.

I have stayed at Kasawari several times and never had this problem. I am a Kasawari fan through and through. My favorite ceph spot is their house reef. These resorts are all very competitive and spend a lot of effort cutting each other, it seems.

All guides at all of these resorts will cater to the guests and will hassle critters for tips. I've seen this at them all. A quiet word to the guide of point out, but don't harass is always a good idea. Kasawari is NOT the only resort to hassle critters, believe me.

We have stayed at KBR 3x and loved it every time!!!

If you looking for a top notch resort but dont want to pay 5 star prices then look at Black Sands Dive Resort. They are quite a bit cheaper than the three listed above but you get the same level of service. Good bang for your buck. Dive guides were great. The bungalows are huge and have amazing views and the food was really good.

I've stayed at KBR a few times, and while I used to rate it very highly, since the new guy took over the resort management from Kaj and Barb, I do think it's gone downhill. Liberty is an amazing dive guide, but the resort itself isn't what it used to be, although they still charge like they're top dog. I'm planning another trip to Lembeh in the next 6 months, but don't know that I'll return to KBR again.

We've stayed at LR and Kasawari. Nothing wrong with either, but Kasawari just didn't appeal to us because of the location and noise from the neighbors.

I would opt for KBR over Kasawari and Lembeh over Kasawari.

I cannot recommend Murex. It's a bit long in the tooth as resorts go. So many better options.

I waited too long to make reservations at Lembeh resort and now its booked for the time that I can go. Narrowed the option down to Black Sand Dive Retreat, NAD, or KBR. Did anyone ever stay at all three or just two and can compare them for me? or any other great thoughts about the two before I make my final decision? Thanks for your time!

I've stayed at BSDR and KBR, each twice. Both are 1st class operations. Really splitting fine hairs on which is better.
-BSDR was less expensive when I last went.
-BSDR house reef has fine black sand ideal for octopus. They allowed sole night dives while I was there.
-BSDR boats are small, only hold 4 guests, and are very fast. KBR boats are bigger (and still fast) but guide ratio is still 4:1 max.
-KBR food portions were more substantial. I got hungry at BSDR (but I didn't press the issue so maybe bigger portions were available).
-Each tended to pick dive sites nearer to their location. Not a hard fast rule of course. But I think would be true on average.
-BSDR cabins require a bit of an uphill trek from the dive center.
-KBR dining area is over the water was is quite scenic. BSDR is on top the hill, still has great views, just different.
-KBR can be a little noisy in the morning due to close proximity to the boat traffic. BSDR can be a little noisy at night due to close proximity to a village and it's frequent techno pop music.

Is the guide ratio 2:1 at BSDR? If so, that has me leaning towards that direction. How was the food quality between the two places? My son is very fussy and never tries anything new and really doesn't like indonesian food. Thanks for comparing the both, I appreciate that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom