Lembeh Resort or Kasawari or KBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only been to NAD and BSDR.
And in terms of "luxury" BSDR wins hands down.
NAD is perfectly fine but I'd put it more on the budget/ backpacker side of the scale.
BSDR have also just recently install a new pool, which is nice, but not essential. I would be interested to know how much use it is getting.

Ye food portions at BSDR were a touch small BUT I asked for seconds and they always obliged so I never went hungry. Also the food was really tasty and there is a decent selection on the menu.
BSDR is significantly cheaper than KBR (when I last looked into it).

KBR looks great from the water though... seriously you will not be dissapointed with either KBR or BSDR.

Is the guide ratio 2:1 at BSDR? If so, that has me leaning towards that direction. How was the food quality between the two places? My son is very fussy and never tries anything new and really doesn't like indonesian food. Thanks for comparing the both, I appreciate that.

When I was at BSDR 2 years ago, the ratio was 4:1

Sorry I made a mistake. Meant to say that I think diver ratio is 2:1 at NAD, which definitely has my interest. Can anyone confirm this is accurate?

NAD does have a 2:1 diver to guide ratio. It was on a trial basis when I was there in August 2014 and it is now permanent. Check out their website.

if cost is not an issue, just ask the resort to see if they can arrange a private guide with boat.

5 of us went to KBR 2 yrs ago and enjoyed our stay in all aspects of what we like in a dive vacation.

we've been to KBR and BSDR - both nice resort and excellent diving operation, personally I like BSDR more due to smaller operation and better food although more steps to get into our room.
We got 2 dive guides for three of us in BSDR and 1 dive guide for four of us at KBR.

We've been to more economic resorts in Lembeh as well, ie: SDQ (not sue if still exist), Two Fish, Bastianos, and Froggies. From this 4, I will rate Froggies higher than others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom