Leyte Whaleshark DOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depending on how much protest I get from my family about not coming back to the states for the holidays, I might try to sneak out to Cebu that weekend before xmas to spread some early yuletide cheer to the area...

OK, who is flying from where??? Flying to Cebu or Tacloban??? What is the ferry schedule like??? :confused: :confused:

I know its a bit early but I need to book flights and not sure to fly to Cebu and get a ferry, or fly to Manila/Tacloban...

pakman:
depending on how much protest I get from my family about not coming back to the states for the holidays, I might try to sneak out to Cebu that weekend before xmas to spread some early yuletide cheer to the area...
use a condom to cut down the spread....

you mean a :scubahelmet:?

Now does anyone one know which is closer to Sogod. Hilongos or Tacloban airport?

tr.gif
Here's the dive sites -[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Some of our dive sites

[/FONT]
Shore dives:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
We have 5 great dives right outside the resort. The dives range from 15 up to 40 metres and comprise of: Max's Climax 1 and 2 (wall dives); Voltaire's Rock; Bulawarte and a wreck dive. All our dives have plenty of big fish action when current is moving. We're also lucky enough to have pygmy seahorses, frogfish and hawksbill turtles. Diverse soft and hard corals abound including huge gorgonian fans and a massive number of developed whip corals.

[/FONT]

Sunok:[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Sunok is one of our most established dive sites but has become very popular with whale sharks at particular times of the year
[/FONT]
(November to May). We have been diving with them on a regular basis during the season. The whale shark follows plankton and jelly fish and for that reason we cannot promise they will be there all of the time!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]To the North:[/FONT]
To the north of our resort (about 20 to 30 mins boat ride away) we have 3 great dive sites: Bunga Bend; Cantamac and Malitbog Wreck. These sites vary in depth from 15 to 35 metres and have diverse fish and coral life: nudibanches; ribbon eels; pigmy seahorses; ghost pipe fish and mantis shrimp.

[/FONT]

To the South:
To the south of the resort (about 10 to 30 mins boat ride) we have Medicare and Limasawa Island. Tankan and Santa Sofia has fantastic array of colourful soft corals and huge barrel corals. Mandarin Fish, turtles, eagle rays, batfish and frogfish are frequent visitors to this site. The famous Limasawa Island is not only famous for Magellan's visit but also for the incredible diving. Adrian's Cove and Zack's Wall dive sites are 20 to 50 metres deep and have dark eerie steep walls with gorgonian fans and massive table corals. We often see nudibranchs and occasionally the odd hammerhead!

[/FONT]

To the East:[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Directly across Sogod Bay from our resort lies Panoan Island and Napantao dive site. The dive is also a marine sanctuary with a large wall dropping to depths of 50 metres. Giant gorgonian fans are abundant on the wall. It is spectacular on a sunny day and looks absolutely majestic. When the current is ripping hard large pelagic fish are often seen here. This is one dive you must not miss while your visiting our resort!

[/FONT]
Night Dives:[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Padre Burgos pier and Malibog wreck are our two first class night dives. Both dives are in shallow water. If you are a photographer or want to see something unusual come along on these dives. Seahorse, frogfish, nudibranch, reptilian eel, octopus, razor fish, slipper crabs are only just a few of the creatures you will see while diving at these sites.

[/FONT]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom