Leyte Whaleshark DOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm looks like the ferry to Hilongos is faster.. only 2 hrs.. BUT how long is the overland journey? Also, the bloody website doesn't have info on the return ferry!

I'm going to email the resort and check the overland times.. for each of the pick up points. Will keep you guys informed.

ah heck, really really want to join the trip here, but my leaves are still pending til December. Any more rooms left? how much again is the budget, and the breakdown for dive costs and room costs, and transpo costs. . . . just in case, will plan a trip here next time.

ishbaby:
ah heck, really really want to join the trip here, but my leaves are still pending til December. Any more rooms left? how much again is the budget, and the breakdown for dive costs and room costs, and transpo costs. . . . just in case, will plan a trip here next time.
We got the aircon rooms for $20 per night, $20 per dive but will go down to $18 on the third dive of the day. You've been to PG, Bohol and Malapascua, nothing new with the rates down in Southern Leyte. Take a look at Cebu Pacific go fares (P3k+).

clgsamson:
yeah and you still have to do an overland trip....hmmmmm maybe 12 hours tops. If you leave cebu by 12 noon hehe you'll be cinderella by midnight at the resort...
The other option would be to take Supercat from Cebu to Ormoc (2.5 hrs) and drive to S. Leyte (probably 4 hrs). I'm sure you can cut down the driving time by an hour if you have one of those suicidal drivers behind the wheel:D Seriously, check with the resort to find out the travel time from Ormoc to Padre Burgos.
Anyway, here's the schedule for SuperCat, http://www.supercat.com.ph/sched.asp

OK. I got the overland times from Phil at Sogod Bay.

Tabloban - 3hrs
Hilongos -1.5hr
Bato - 1.5hr
Maasin - 35mins!

The ferry from Cebu to Hilongos is 2hrs + 1.5hrs looks really comfortable (9am-11am). I don't really want to wake up a 4am to catch the 5:30am flight down to Tacloban :).

Looks like I am heading to Cebu.. Mr Pak, you want to join me in Cebu?? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom