Little Cayman/Cayman Brac dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to Little Cayman many times at LCBR. I have been to BRBR once. The diving and resorts are both very good. I prefer Little Cayman for both the resort and the diving. BRBR is very good too though. I went there in the winter and most of our dives were on the south side. The wall there can be pretty deep but we seemed to see quite a few reef sharks. There were some really nice shallow dives also. You get a very nice mix of diving there so I would not hesitate to recommend it. Also, on the last day, you can go out and see the unique Cayman Brac Parrot.

SCC looks great, a significant premium over LCBR with 3 dives per day, but perhaps worth it. I'd certainly like to see
watch this space...in three weeks we will be at SCC and let you know our thoughts. Wanted LCBR but it was booked so we said you only live once so lets give it an go.

Thank you all for the input. We are going to go to Cayman Brac and stay at the Brac Reef Beach Resort this time. I hope they will get us over to to Bloody Bay Wall at least once while there but either way, I am sure we will make it to Little Cayman within the next year. It sounds like Brac is a fairly close second to Little Cayman and I was able to get a much better price going to Cayman Brac than any other arrangement I could make for the same time on Little Cayman, and that made it the best choice for this trip.

Back
Top Bottom