Little Cayman (LCBR) Report - Long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keyshunter:
If you were there 10 years ago, you should realize that, by comparison, Bloody Bay is NOT in good shape.

You are probably right about that. My comment is based mainly on what I saw this go around, not what I can recall from 10 years ago, which frankly isn't much. So on a relative basis it may not be in good shape but I consider Little Cayman to be one of the best spots in the Caribbean.

jbeach69:
I agree somewhat with Keyshunter that Bloody Bay walls are not in the same 'great shape' as they were ten years ago, but where are their any reefs and coral that are in the same shape as years gone by.... I saw these reefs for the first time in the early 1970s and others in 1962 and they were simply spectacular... but storms have taken their toll as well as other natural factors and I think all the Caribbean reefs are in a downward trend... I also think that these reefs will return one day to that very beautiful shape they were once in.. I may not be here to see in except in sprite though

The first time I went to Grand Cayman was 1980...there were three restaurants, and 4 hotels. The locals were still fishing off the west side/off seven mile beach area. The first time I went to the Brac was 1989, only a twin engine commuter went there, diving was spectacular. The first time I went to Little Cayman was 1993 (grass runway), I believe this place to be the best in the Caribbean. It is not what it was ten years ago. It is still great. In comparison, Grand Cayman looks trashed on quite abit of the west side. On a trip there in 96, the viz at Little Cayman well exceeded 200 ft., very few dives I've made since reach 100ft. off any of the 3 cayman isles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom