Local Scuba Dependency Workshop - WSSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
HELP
I'm in dire need of some therapy.........I keep having paranoid delusions that people are trying to dry me off. How can I treat this?

Quick, get in the water! I'm so excited, 'cuz I'm going in the morning in Laguna. The vis has been reported to be 25-30' horizontally! I'm so excited....

Just keep swimming.... :10:

HELP!
My wife says that I need a tank with 95% nitrogen installed in my office to keep me healthy between dives. I've only got three so far this week.

Had an average dive tonight at Cove2 with DeepDawg. Vis was a milky as powedered milk and I went back to the same spot that I seen the last 6 gill, but to no avail. This place is no short on octos.

However this is the really sad part about tonight. I've dove here for 25 times and I have always left my gear tub outside the back of my neon. Tonight was no different, with the exception that it was my group of divers there. When I came surface side I had knoticed that my 2 tubs were missing, a quick check of the area didnt produce any thing. So missing was my green tub, a smaller tub for my HID light (thank God that I still have it attached) and inside my green tub was my pelikan dive light, a snorkle and some sea drops.

Boy you just cant trust any one any more...

Yeah, I guess visibility was pretty typical last night. I really didn’t think it was too bad where it was undisturbed. I'm glad puckvirus could accept our invitation to join Lyle and me for our WSSD.

As always, it was good to meet other divers such as Puckvirus and another diver, Mike, who wandered up and asked to join in on our therapy. I have done this a few times approaching strangers to join them diving. This is a healthy sign of a true dive junky and I am grateful to live in a place where we can do this if necessary.

I will link four therapy photos from last night.

Hey, therapy’s therapy, I loved it! And definitely plenty of octos. Three plus the Stubby Squid. I couldn’t get the giant one to move and I am wondering if we stumbled upon a post-mating GPO that was about to check out or was already gone. I nudged it several times but to no avail. No movement at all. Final resting place?

I also thought the one we caught with his crab dinner under wraps was pretty cool. He clearly was not too happy about us interrupting his (or her?) dinner.

And I wished that this scallop hadn’t been hidden so well under two I-beams.

If anyone thinks these photos worthy of our SB gallery, I am happy to upload them.:thumb:

Looking forward to more therapy,

Deepdog :cheers:

Yes Deepdog, the therapy was great last night. Which included all 3 D's.
For Vis, It's a bit more thrilling not to know what your going to run into untill you run into it. I am feeling a Junk Yard run in the near future, you know when you can get away again :eyebrow:

Super glad I could lend my new light on helping find our way last night. We sure the heck needed it. Always a pleasure working with other divers on this lack of human gills issue.

Underwaterlyle:
Yes Deepdog, the therapy was great last night. Which included all 3 D's.
For Vis, It's a bit more thrilling not to know what your going to run into untill you run into it. I am feeling a Junk Yard run in the near future, you know when you can get away again :eyebrow:

Went back to cove2 for the 3rd day in a row with the sole objective of finding the new Juvie wolfeel, and I did. Hes still got allot of orange around him but hes there all right. To find him, decend down the orange and white bouy and follow the rope to the ibeams. Where the rope hits the ibeams turn 90' left and you'll hit the first rock pile, if you continue on that direction from about dead center of that first rock pile you'll come across another pile I think about 10 feet or less from the first one. This Wolfy is about dead center in that second pile.

We went and seen olives den, no octos there today, but a big ling was at the end of it.

Also at the honey bear we didnt see any octos in there like we did on Thursday night.

Vis was about 15 feet today btw

OE2X:
HELP!
My wife says that I need a tank with 95% nitrogen installed in my office to keep me healthy between dives. I've only got three so far this week.

I haven't even had one since I left WA. I am having difficulty breathing this air5 stuff without the correct aquatic atmosphere surrounding me.

DeepDog--thanks for sharing the pix! Love the octo wrapped around dinner--too cute! I would post it!

Titlow Park a bit after slack. Okay, perhaps a bit too much after slack. Slack was 12:15pm and we dropped about an hour late. We expected some current but what we got caught in was way above the North Narrows Chart peak currents and well before they were predicted. So we got some therapy AND some good exercise . . . and a good lesson on the site.

I also got a couple photos for flashback, nothing special this time. I’d read some great reviews (better than Sunrise) but I think we didn’t see much only because we got cut short due to the currents and missed some of the best parts of this dive site. The shallows by the peers were calm but I was hoping for more than plume anemones and sun stars. We headed for the wall, but that's when the current said "nope".

This Irish Lord was our highlight. I think this shot says it all about the current. We also saw a nice big Ling.

Xarifa:
DeepDog--thanks for sharing the pix! Love the octo wrapped around dinner--too cute! I would post it!

I thought it was pretty funny too the way that octo was guarding dinner. It's now in the gallery.

DeepDog :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom