Looking at buying a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HMMM....Do not buy the Mares Isotherm whatever you do, 400 bucks for a freaking wetsuit, are you kidding me, might as well get the $500 drysuit. Try Bare Alpine hooded wetsuit, very warm, another good wetsuit is Akona. Hendersons are good for comfort..NOT WARMTHHHHHHH. I was thinking about getting a FJ till I saw the Alpine, blew my eyes away...SOOOO SEXY!!!!!!!! :crafty: :crafty:

slacker:
I finished my OW course the last weekend in Sept., and ordered the Bare 7mm SGS full suit w/ 7 mm hooded vest the following monday. Just picked it up today and it fits GREAT!!! :crafty: Going to get it wet on friday with the LDS owner, looking at more gear and he's going to assemble it and let me take it for a test dive :eyebrow: Thanks for the input.

Dave

I have the same set-up from Bare, except it's the 5/4 velocity and the 5/3 hooded vest. With the vest and the flip seals in the suit you're going to wonder when does the water come it! It's a slow infiltration that's easy to warm.

I also found that staying with the same brand helped with the fit. My local Bare dealer did not carry the vest and I didnt wait to wait. After trying some other brands I went out of town to another Bare dealer, same size as the suit, perfect comfortable fit.

I do like to spray my neck with suit snott before donning. The glideskin neck can be a little dry and clingy and the snot makes it more comfortable before it gets wet.

Pete

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom