Looking at retiring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My advice- milk the Jeep for a while longer- why replace it and spend the 20K ++. My friend has the same car, he can afford whatever he likes, but that jeep keeps running and he doesn't have to worry about it a bit. Is the gas savings really going to make an impact?

Live simply- but live richly.

Check out edmunds.com and read the editor's reviews there.

You may be surprised which one of those vehicles comes out on top.

I'm a Honda guy myself - I love the CRV's, new and old, and would buy another one any time if given the chance. But definitely read the Edmunds stuff, you will find it informative, I promise.
Do you have a specific link? Are you just pointing to the editor ratings or something more specific?

Casa, can you get me a deal on a new CRV EX if I don't go to Cali to pick it up? :wink: Preferably Silver. :)

1_T_Submariner, I've driven GMs since forever, but when I went to the Pontiac/GMC dealer last winter to look at small SUVs they had one with an engine and transmission made in China (no word on the lead content). At this point I'm just looking for something more reliable than my previous GM experiences.

What about the Honda Element? That thing has a TON of room for it's size...

My jeep and getting a new vehicle to get me from point a to b and take dive gear for 2-3 people.
The jeep is a 1989 jeep cherokee laredo. while i've owned it i've replaced the alternator 3 times. Due to gas reason i no longer use the ac. only the heat and fan and windows. It gets good gas mileage but i'm looking for more since this is a daily driver.
My prefered vehicles are ones that get around 20 mpg in the city, less than 35 grand, awd. I would prefer new or lightly used. Never had a new vehicle.

The vehicles i'm looking at are:
nissan rogue
toyota rav 4
nissan murano
honda crv

If anyone has some feed back or currently owns one and wants to give a simple review that would be appreciated.

Hey offroaddiver, if you're looking for a crossover like the CR-V, I suggest checking out the VW Tiguan. It really excels beyond the competition in overall performace and build quality and it drives more like a car than an SUV. It has a lot of space and would suit your needs really well. I have been working with VW to help spread the word and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email me at: shawn@M80im.com. Thanks!

thanks for all the input. at this point i'm looking at everything trying to figure what i need and what i'd like.

This may seem absolutely ridiculous but me and 2 other dive instructors did a trip to SC in a Toyota Prius:) It has quite a bit of room for gear, believe it or not and the 41/2 hour drive was very comfortable...Problem is you will have a hard time towing a boat if you have one:)

This is not ridiculous at all, this is the way to go!!!!

As divers we want pristine coral reefs but rarely if ever do we consider how carbon dioxide in the atmosphere threatens coral reefs worldwide due to ocean acidification.

Kudos to your forsight, guys!!

:)

Well with things being so busy I forgot to come back on here and post. In august I bought a New Nissan Rogue. I'm going on my first long distance trip to fl for a wedding. No time for diving. It works great at hauling my shooting gear to the range and has handled one trip to get tanks filled. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom